UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there it time for pennys kittens to go to new homes,we have decided to keep one,but do we keep a male or female,to stay with penny,what are advantages or not of keeping a boy or girl,to live with penny,tks for any advice.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think it depends on if she actually likes them or not to be honest. Some cats can be great mothers but by the time they are 7-8 weeks they cant stand the sight of them. She may simply prefer to be an only cat :)

You also have to think about weaning and ensure mum is speyed (now would be a good time) and all the milk is dried up. Having a kitten about will prolong her milk producing however she has to be fairly dried up before your vet will spey!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
hi there it time for pennys kittens to go to new homes,we have decided to keep one,but do we keep a male or female,to stay with penny,what are advantages or not of keeping a boy or girl,to live with penny,tks for any advice.
I would pick the kitten with the temperament and personality you think will fit the best with Mum and the rest of your family. Some Mums have favourites, for my Millie that's always the biggest boy - very darwinian of her ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi tks for the advice,at the moment penny is a brill mom,she spends lots of time playing with the kittens,this morning penny was taken to the vets to be speyed and m/c chipped,so hope all goes well there,and penny still takes to the kittens when she recovers,after watching them all play last night with penny we are going to keep soot the male,we now have homes for the the other two,its going to brake my daughters hart when they get picked up,we have decided to let one go at a time so one going thurs/other sat,so soot will not lose his playmates all at the same time.at least the house will not be so manic by saturday.lol.others say we were lucky only having 3 kitts,they can have upto 7/8....3 was enough has we not planned to have any kitts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.