Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do pugs bark much???

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Cuddypuppy, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Cuddypuppy

Cuddypuppy PetForums Member

Nelly pug hasn't barked at all. In fact, apart from a bit of snuffling, she's not very vocal. I know we have only had her for 3 days and she is only 8 weeks old, but I just wondered..... Peppapug, what are your gang like?

2. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

Hello! Another strange quirk.....they bark at the tv, any animals on the telly or crying babies and they will bark.
    They bark at the doorbell but fortunately (as i am not a fan of barking!) they arent overly vocal.

I do have a spray collar as mine come to work and they occassionally take a dislike to a noise outside and will bark, the collar just prevents them kicking off whilst we are on teh phones to clients.

The good thing with pugs is their voices have little volume. it doesnt go through you like a terrier yap for instance. My mum has a westie and you can hear her for miles, the pugs you cant hear unless you are in teh same room.

You sound disapointed you havent heard her bark......you will and then you will be saying shhhhhhhh!!!!!! :p

3. Cuddypuppy

Oh, I'm not disappointed, I'm sure her time will come ;). My OH says she is not like a dog at all, but more like a little alien! She has a very expressive face.

She's very placid and sleepy this afternoon, as she had her first jab this morning. I am feeling quite sleepy too! :eek:

4. peppapug

peppapug PetForums Senior

My husband claims to dislike my pugs. It is a jealousy thing. they insist on sitting between us and it drives him nuts that they will sit otuside the toilet whilst i am in there or at the bottom of the stairs if i am upstairs, he doesnt understand their needyness!

They really are dogs though when you see them out and about on a walk and romping in the park. :rolleyes:

5. Cuddypuppy

My my husband pretends he is not an animal person, but he can't take his eyes off Nelly and I have caught him cuddling the hamsters and talking to them!

6. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

I think its depends on the individual pugs. Mine all have very different personalities...

Delilah my oldest girl is very quiet. She barks at loud noises (if i drop something she comes running into the room barking at it lol!) but most of the time i dont hear a sound from her, except for the excited pug huffing and puffing as she charges around the house! :D

Gracie has quite a set of lungs on her. She doesnt generally bark, but she has an ear piercing scream! On the few occassions she is crated (other than at a show, she doesnt mind being crated at shows!) as soon as the door is shut she just screams. It sounds like a baby lol! Once you're out of the room and she cant see you she's fine though.

Jovi my boy is quite noisey. He's the only entire male in a house with 3 girls and one (neutered) boy so he thinks he's in charge. Obviously, he's pretty much at the bottom of the pecking order but no ones told him that!! :D He's quiet in the house, but when he's out in the garden he runs out barking just incase anyone needs scaring off. Theres a lot of building work going on behind my garden so Jovi does tell the builders off but he's good once he's in the house :D

7. RowanWolf

RowanWolf PetForums Member

Aww, I love Pugs though I've never had the chance to own one.
    I'm certainly jealous ;)

8. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

You should try spending time with pug puppies - SO adorable and cuddly. I have 5 three week old babies and i just love them! :D

9. RowanWolf

RowanWolf PetForums Member

Even more jealous now lol
    Do pugs need much exercise? How are they being left alone for a few hours etc?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice