Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do Petplan pay out for blood tests?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by MissMiloKitty, Jun 25, 2019.

1. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums VIP

Miss Milo is having more blood tests on Friday. Her previous blood test showed a slightly raised Liver enzyme and on Friday she is being re tested. I wonder if I can claim on this as it goes over £200.
    Hopefully she has returned to normal.

huckybuck and Soozi like this.
  2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

I have had bloods done,many times with Meeko and they have always been covered ,he has just had another blood panel run at a cost in excess of £300 which I'm sure will be covered .He is insured with Pet Plan

lullabydream and MissMiloKitty like this.
  3. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Agree..it's all part of the investigation..checking on your cat for the condition it will be covered! My old dog..I know not cat but talking insurance had to have regular blood tests due to a liver condition and was always covered.

The only time I think blood tests wouldn't be covered...but happy to be corrected is pre anaesthesia ones if a vet isn't particularly worried about your pet having them. If they have been advised though, common in older senior pets I would say it's sensible to have them. Especially with certain conditions.

Good luck for Friday and am hoping it's one of those common blips, if that makes sense. She had a slight virus that causes the elevation, and now everything is back to normal

MissMiloKitty likes this.
  4. Sacremist

Sacremist Mum to 2 cats and a dog

Yes, they do pay for blood tests because they form part of the treatment. A vet cannot make a diagnosis or dispense medications without knowing what they are dealing with. My cats and dog all have regular blood tests throughout the year and Petplan have always paid.

MissMiloKitty and lullabydream like this.
  5. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums VIP

Thanks x

lullabydream likes this.
  6. Raggie08

Raggie08 PetForums Member

Yes the policy covers blood tests

MissMiloKitty likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice