Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do not look if easily upset :-(

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Beagle Mafia, May 13, 2010.

1. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

I am sorry for what you are about to see but I saw this tonight on a 'Keep the Hunting Ban' group on Facebook and it made me cry so much I was sick :-(

[​IMG]

I just had to vent on here as it has really got to me. I know I shouldn't look at the photos on groups, but it's not the only one on there!

On a seperate unrelated note. My husband and I have pledged to raise £1000 for Beagle Welfare over the coming months by doing silly things, races, challenges and organising a dog show - please sponsor us it would mean so much. WE have started preparing for the London Marathon 2011 and hope to cycle John O Groats to Lands End in the near future for Beagle Welfare and other animal charities xx

2. tafwoc

tafwoc PetForums VIP

OMG. Do you know how it happened? :(

3. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh my dear god what did they do to that poor dog!!!!!!!!

Makes me sick to call myself a human!!

That poor poor dog :crying:

4. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

Words fail me :eek: :frown:

5. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

They believe it was skinned alive in a similar way to a fox on a hunt. I admit that after getting to a certain point I had to close the page. They had pictures of Beagles being shot in the head and burned alive. I dread to think what may happen in the future if hunting made legal. beagles don't have a lot going for them these days. Kept in disgusting conditions, left for stray by owners who can't cope, tested on in laboratories and used on hunts with evil evil people. argh I won't sleep tonight...but I tell you now it makes me so determined to make our dog show the biggest success!!! :(

6. tafwoc

tafwoc PetForums VIP

My god that is SICK! :mad: why would any human do this :001_unsure: :crying:

7. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

Looks like she might have just had puppies previoulsy they way her teats are, poor poor dog.

I can't beleve anybody could do that to an animal, especially their own.

Makes my blood boil! :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. Sarahnorris

Sarahnorris Banned

speechless.:(

9. tafwoc

tafwoc PetForums VIP

This maybe a really stupid question, but why do they do it? Or is there no reason. :confused: Sorry for being dense :eek:

10. mitch4

mitch4 PetForums VIP

OMG Oh god no how was this dog skinned like this and how is it still standing, is it a real picture or has it been altered for effect as the dog looks relatively calm, but id imagine vets would have it pumped up with pain control oh gosh im ashamed that i thought the hunt ban should be lifted as iv seen so much more farm stock destroyd since the ban but seeing this picture has made me think again, there has to be another way to control the fox's with better effect :confused1:

:(

11. love_my_pets

love_my_pets PetForums Member

Omg that poor poor dog. Why on earth would anyone do this? It's absolutely sick. Did the dog survive or was it pts? Poor thing :frown:

12. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

I saw that and nearly threw up, there's a good reason i'm anti hunt. :mad:

Good luck with the dog show, if you need anything i'm not going to spain so I hope to make it now and be of any help I can.

13. mitch4

mitch4 PetForums VIP

surely this poor dog would not survive this how did it happen, am i being naive here but how does this sort of thing happen on a hunt :frown:

14. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

No idea Mitch, its a genuine group on Facebook, a gorgeous Beagle as well :-(

I'd love more info on what actually happened to the poor dog and what happened to the person who did it. All I know is that it was obviously PTS as she could not be saved. I just see the picture and see my gorgeous boy and it breaks my heart.

Thanks Daisy, really appreciate that and look forward to seeing you. Its a shame you are not going away though hun :-(

Any help is welcome I just want to be able to go to Beagle Welfare and say here is a nice sum of money to help you continue your work.

15. mitch4

mitch4 PetForums VIP

good god it was a human being that did this ffs well they shouldnt be called human

oh dear me sickening :mad:

16. mitch4

mitch4 PetForums VIP

Iv just been to the Beagle welfare site and downloaded a donation scheme form, im so appaulled at what iv just seen and the fact that they are incurring kennel costs of 45,000 per year to help these poor lovely dogs, im going to do a yearly subscription to them

Iv always loved the beagle but felt that i couldnt give the breed the excersise and working stimulation it needed, so have watched them from afar i have schnauzers now so probably an energetic beagle would be no probs :)

Maybe as well as give to your fund raising people could also in addition do a nominal yrly subscription

Youv done a wonderful thing highlighting this xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

17. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Mitch its not the only breed that needs support but its the only picture that has made me physically sick. I hear of cruelty to beagles and see my little boy and cry I HAD to do something!

Buster is nearly 14 months now and is stubborn, energetic, hard work and totally crazy but I'd never look back. I love him to bits and with training Beagles do not have to be seen as the negative breed they are :)

I say that I have a beagle and people automatically assume he is naughty and uncontrollable but he is not. Some just laugh speak to Buster and say in a nasty way "oh you were a lucky one you could be out hunting or sat in a cage smoking 100 fags a day or testing bleach" its inconsiderate and the sooner animal testing is banned worldwide the better but for now I AM going to continue to support them :)

18. mitch4

mitch4 PetForums VIP

I really thought theyd stopped all the testing on them awful to hear its still going on :mad:

19. mitch4

mitch4 PetForums VIP

is there any reason as to why the beagle is targeted for thi type of animal testing

20. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

because they won't fight/bite back. They are so gentle and loving and will let people do what they like. I've read stories about animal testing. One tester said they had finished injecting something and despite the beagle yelping she still licked his hand lovingly and they are then PTS when finished with - I really believe they should be rehomed, 90% could go on to live normal lives!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice