Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do not feed me collar tags

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by kendal, Apr 8, 2011.

1. kendal

kendal PetForums Senior

hey, our cat is coming home with a full tummy every day (we do feed him ourselves )

i think i know who is feeding him as she has done it with our other cats but its a problem with Joey as he is a bottomless pit and even if we feed him before going out he will still go eat more and come back stuffed. he has a collar on that says do not feed but i Want to see if a tag would stand out better.

we tried keeping him in as he was an indoor cat till he was neutered but he drove us mental as he just wanted out. so its not fair on him keeping him locked up.

so does anyone know of a really good eye catching tag that says do not feed (or words to that effect)

i considering a food allergy tag, but he doesn't have any allergy's other than comatoesing himself by over eating lol. its just i realy dont want him getting fat.

2. Petitepuppet

Petitepuppet PetForums VIP

Do not get him a allergy tag. We put one on our tommy when the neighbour were feeding him. He went missing for a few days and we couldnt stop panicing that someone would find him and take him to the vets. We were so scared they would give him drugs or something for it.

3. kendal

kendal PetForums Senior

ah didnt think about that one, was only thinking they may come to us asking why were were letting a cat with alegys out of the house. well thats that idea scratched.

4. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Have you tried just having a friendly word with your neighbour,explaining that you are concerned that he is starting to put on weight and as you are regulating his intake ,if she is feeding him a little bit extra could she please stop as you dont want him to have a weight problem in later life.Keep it friendly and hopefully she will stop.

5. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

What a Lucky Fella, Food whenever he needs wants it, Getting out to play when he wants, Bet he,s got a couple of chicks somewhere As well :D

I would take buffies advice here and have a Friendly word with the neighbor about feeding him.

6. lizzykaty

lizzykaty PetForums Member

they sell collars that say do not feed at pets at home.

7. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Medical Tag - medium

This is what Paddy wears as he is diabetic, but I think the text can be edited on the front so you can just put DO NOT FEED...but I agree with Buffy about having a quiet word with neighbour to really make the point.

8. stoneandglass

stoneandglass PetForums Junior

I agree with what others have said about trying to ask politely. FIngers crossed for you that it will work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice