Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

do my cats have Otitis externa or some kind of

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Shoong, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Shoong

Shoong PetForums Newbie

2 adult females, sisters, scratching around the face & head & ear twitching. No gunk visible from exterior of ears.

Could they be scratching at some irritation in the ear canals themselves? I've been through a 2 week course of Canaural Ear drops but the problem still seems to there.

They do seem to have a lot of those 'nodles' you get in cats ears. Could these be making a difference?

Any ideas?

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

If the two week treatment has not worked then I think you have to go back to the vet .It can be dangerous to try to self diagnose and could end up making things a lot worse.

3. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

How long has this been going on?

Have they had an ear examination at the vets? If not I would do so now to firstly rule out parasites .

Actually what you describe are also classic signs of a food allergy. What are you feeding them at the moment and for how long? However allergies can also develop where the foods have been fed for a long time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice