Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do I say anything???

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jan 17, 2012.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Going round to where Millie lived at 8 to collect the crate (she had loaned it out as she wasn't using it but I sold my huge one today- Id have just kept it but the one I gave her was 42" and mine was 48" and doesn't leave any room for Dixie and Dave in by Xiva).

She honestly believes Millie was well cared for while she had her, so

Do I just tell her yes it was anal gland probs and leave it at that...

OR

Do I tell her she had flea allergy from a bad infestation and has put on 6kg and make her feel bad and hopefully put her off getting another dog if she was thinking about it???

2. Mophie

Mophie PetForums Senior

Hmmmm if it was me my heart would completely override my head and I'd probably tell her exactly what was wrong. But that is because I have a big gob.

3. Kivasmum

Kivasmum PetForums VIP

Personally.......I would mention it.
    Maybe not in a 'you're a crap owner' way (even though that's how it sounds :rolleyes:) but in a 'oh we got to the bottom of millies problem, it was down to.........' Kinda way??
    Thus subtly implying she is a crap owner and shouldn't try it again anytime soon :D ha ha

4. Helbo

Helbo PetForums VIP

I'd tell the truth

Just let her know how healthy and happy Millie is now that she's in your care.

5. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

I would have to say something.

6. tashax

tashax PetForums VIP

I wouldnt be able to keep stum :)

7. ginge2804

ginge2804 PetForums VIP

If it were me, I would tell her, but I wouldn't make it obvious you think she didn't care for her, I would just say like, ooh we found out what the problems were, then tell her, then just say, but were getting her the right care and attention now :)

8. bearcub

bearcub PetForums VIP

I too would have to say something. She needs to understand the responsibility of dog ownership if she is ever going to have another.

9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Ok, it's decided... I will tell her exactly what the problem is.

I can't wait to see the look on her face when she realises she probably has fleas all over her house :D :lol:

10. EllesBelles

EllesBelles PetForums Senior

That's quite a good angle to tell her from..."We found out what was wrong with Millie - she's overweight and she has a bad flea infestation so you'll need to treat your house".

Hopefully she'll be put off enough not to want another dog. Or at least to flea the next one correctly.

11. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I told her I was taking her to the vet yesterday when I collected her... so she will ask how did the vet go and I can say yeahh.... you will probably want to treat your house as she had quite bad fleas and its a flea allergy, and she has put on 6kg

12. Superash

Superash PetForums VIP

[/U. You go girl:thumbup: tell it like it is !!! Get in there:D:D:D

13. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

She dissapeared back inside sharpish - something about leaving a pan on - literally as soon as I had taken the crate from her.

So I sent her a message instead. She hasn't replied! I hope she is feeling guilty and ashamed and oh what a shame, nowhere open that sells flea powder for her house :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice