Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

do i need to change food

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by barbara1, Jan 19, 2012.

1. barbara1

barbara1 PetForums Newbie

my 6 month old puppy has always had very loose stools we have tried pedigree puppy and bakers but no different he is fit and gaining weight iwould be grateful for any advice

2. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

Pedigree and bakers are terrible foods, very bad quality.

I would advise putting him onto a good quality food, either dry or wet. Good dry foods include Arden Grange, Orijen, Acana. Good wet foods include Naturediet, Natures Harvest, Naturesmenu, Wainwrights.

3. barbara1

barbara1 PetForums Newbie

Thank you, i will give one of them a try.

4. kodiak

kodiak PetForums Newbie

Why not do it the best way of all and feed a homemade diet, preferably raw? Loads of info on the net to help you but ignore all those that make it complicated, it ain't! I feed mainly raw & have done for nearly 20 years. But I do feed cooked leftovers, don't like waste! Talk to a local butcher and you should be able to get meat scraps, bones etc for next to nothing.

5. cbrookman

cbrookman PetForums VIP

My dog was the same when younger and now eats Fish4dogs and is OK (firm poos);) The cheapest place to get it is online at Chemist Direct and as I buy it through my Easyfundraising account I raise a bit of money for my chosen dog/animal charity every time I buy it too, so everyone's a winner:)

6. terencesmum

terencesmum PetForums VIP

:eek: Pedigree and bakers are rubbish. There are some stickies at the top of the health section about dry and wet food, so have a read through those.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice