Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do Cell Phones Kill 1,000 People a Year?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by testmg80, Jul 23, 2009.

1. testmg80

testmg80 PetForums VIP

In June 2003, the Bush administration nixed a report on the dangers of gabbing while driving. Six months later, a Michigan 12-year-old became another statistic.

Do Cell Phones Kill 1,000 People a Year? | Mother Jones
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

2. rona

rona Guest

Hate people on there phones while driving, what can be so important that they can't call back when they have parked :mad:

3. bird

bird PetForums VIP

It can be so dangerous to be on phone while driving, I know we all do it to a point, although I'm guilty of it I only do it when stuck in traffic and only in texts and mostly on M5/M6 intersection. Anyone who knows that road knows you can be stuck without moving for anything from half hour to two hours :( have to do something to pass the time

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

That's why driving with phones is illegal :D

5. SemolinaPilchard

SemolinaPilchard PetForums Member

I dont think it's illegal to use your mobile provided your hands free :)

6. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

I NEVER use my phone while driving now the ban is in.. i did it once while sat in a traffic jam for 2 hours once before the ban.

It has an answering machine whatever it is it can wait till i'm somewhere safe to read/call back. I don't care if it's life and death.. if i answer it it could be mine or someone else i crash into, it's not worth it.

my work already know that if i'm late it's cos there's problems on the fekking
    A34, i don't need to call in to let them know, i'll be there when i'm there.

people don't pay enough attention when driving as it is.. as pointed out in a thread not that long ago about driving on this forum.. people look at things around them.. mess with their stereos.. are too busy chatting to the morons in the car with them..burning hazardous material (smoking, how that's not blanket banned i don't know!, oh you can't eat or drink but you can do somethign that could set fire to you and/or the car or whoevers soft top your fag, you've just CHUCKED out your window you littering pleb, lands in.)

I'm surprised phones don't kill more folk.. should anyone smack my car while on their phone that statistic will increase by 1 when i use it to asphyxiate them..:cursing:

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I don't think headsets should be allowed either! The whole point of the ban is so that you're not distracted whilst talking to someone on the other end of the phone!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice