Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do cats have 'braxton hicks' or practice contractions?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by donna81, Jul 14, 2009.

1. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

eeny has been acting strange today looking aroung and spending time in her box thats in my wardrobe. she is laid on my bed with me now and her tummy keeps going really hard then relaxes again, i was just wondering if anyone could tell me if they know whether cats have braxton hicks type contractions leading up to the birth like humans do??

2. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

Firstly will you stop starting a new thread, its hard to keep up lol..only messing..

secondly..i was thinking that when i went to bed last night, but iv never heard of it, so didnt bother asking...glad you asked tho..

3. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

sorry lol, im new to this, ill stick with this thred from now :smilewinkgrin:
    hopefully someone will answer the question for us both :D

4. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

while eeny has been laid on my bed her tummy has been going hard roughly every 3 mins for the past half an hour. shes gone to rumage aboout under my bed now...hopefully looking for a nice place to have the babies :D
    i can see myself still being sat here asking questions this time next week, oh well, i guess only time will tell :confused:

5. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

They normally cry for you when you leave the room...does she have a box in there? selecta has one as she sleeps with me at night...:D

6. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

shes got 2 boxes in here, one in a corner, and one inside my wardrobe that she was scratching around in earlier. ive brought a litter tray up here for her and food and water so she doesnt have to go far for anything. ooh isnt the waiting game fun lol :smilewinkgrin:

mypets likes this.
  7. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

yeh isnt it just! Tia has been more friendly today...selecta has just poked her head round the lounge door...checking im still here lol...

:wink5:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice