Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do Cats Get Jealous??

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by mandandruby, Jun 28, 2009.

1. mandandruby

mandandruby PetForums Junior

On friday my girl cat had 4 very cute black and white kittens. She is in our conservatory and being a lovely mummy. The problem is our Tom cat is being really odd. He has literally been sat sulking i'm sure of it!! He's normally overly affectionate and a really happy cat, but since the kittens have arrived he looks sad. We've given him lots and lots of cuddles and spoilt him a bit and we've even let him spend the night in out room..(which is not allowed ever!!) But he is not himself. We've noticed that he seems to be loosing quite a bit of fur, and its not unusual to find a tuft somewhere. Also he seems to be pulling at his claws and when i've checked at them they are all bitty and horrible. Last night we found a big scab on his head and a squishy abcess type lump next to it. This morning the abcess has popped..(gross) and smells. I wander if hes been fighting??

I think the two incidences are probably entirely unrelated but any advice would be lovely!!

Thanks x

#1 mandandruby, Jun 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  2. bimbleweb

bimbleweb PetForums Member

Cats do get jealous, yes.
    I would think that the absess is more likely to be the problem though. The hair loss is not likely to be linked to the absess - probably just the heat. Maybe best to get it checked out.
    Hope he's OK x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice