Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Do any of you worry about being alone?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ad_1980, Jul 17, 2009.

1. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Or do you feel lonely?

I do. My older sister is married, my youngest is leaving to go to Australia in a month so its just me and the folks.

While i am happy for them, i am also sad because as usual i am being left behind.

Now its also got me thinking, here i am at 30 and i have nothing in my life. Ok i have a job, 2 darling dogs and a mom and dad but its not enough, you know what i mean?

What if i end up alone as i grow older? What if i never get married and have those 3 beautiful kids i've been wanting since i was 12?

Sorry guys i just felt like another rant.

2. kath123

kath123 Guest

As much as i have the man of my dreams and my best friend.

And my wonderful 2 children.

I would give anything in this world to have my mum and dad back.

I know it is hard when you are in the situation but please try and just savour every moment of your life you have.

Life is sooo precious and we all need to live it for today.

Im sure that you will meet the man of your dreams and have those 3 wonderful children you have always wanted. But for now dont be too disheartened that everyone is doing the things you want to do, your time will come im sure.

Kath xxxx

3. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I used to feel much the same as you did. Then I met my husband, so there is always hope.

I could picture myself as a lonely elderly spinster. I never dreamed that I would end up married. Although some days I could gladly reverse everything.

4. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

You will meet someone soon im sure....and then u will sometimes wish you was on your own again!:rolleyes:::):) xxxx

5. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

You're probably all laughing at me while reading this lol. I don't care i am laughing myself in a way.

but i do worry. I know i shouldn't. But i can picture it now. Alone at probably 40.

I was thinking about it today "Its going to be just me now" if you don't count the parents. And that really is a sad thought :(

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I used to be terrified of being alone. I know I had my sone and my dogs, but when i was with my ex.. The reason I didn't get rid of him any sooner because I hated being on my own! Stupid I know!
    But at the end of it I came to realise I could cope on my own.. Mainly because he was so lazy and annoying it felt like I was on my own anyway! Lol
    Just when I had accepted that I could cope on my own, and I didn't care because I had my family all around me, I met my OH. And while we say we will never leave eachother, I still know that if something did happen, I would be able to cope.

I used to imagine me being alone when I'm older, but I imagined it would be me, and 100s of dogs and horses! :D They would call me the crazy dog lady. Lol!

x

7. SemolinaPilchard

SemolinaPilchard PetForums Member

I doubt anyone's laughing at you hon......

I'm not worried about being alone at all.... whatever happens, happens! Life's too short to worry about the what if's, maybe's & if only's :)

8. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

I'm certainly not worried about being alone...:)

Can you imagine how blissfully peaceful it would be...:D no bickering kids or whinging woman...:D (don't tell her i said that...:eek: )

Maybe you should get yourself off the back shelf, dust yourself down & get out there... People are waiting / dying to meet ya :D

Rachh likes this.
  9. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

No one is laughing at you hun xxxx its something we have all felt at sometime you have plenty of time yet...:)xxx

10. Lumpy

Lumpy PetForums Senior

I am alone really. I'm 47, my parents have been dead a long time and I never see my brother (we don't get on at all). I've never met a Mr Right and have no children. Sometimes I regret it but mostly I am happy. I have my 8 cats and 4 bunnies, lots of friends of both genders and jobs I enjoy.

I used to be terrified of being alone and just drifted from guy to guy staying with them no matter how badly they treated me. Once I realised I actually could function alone and it wasn't all bad I've dumped men if they didn't give me the respect I deserve - and I'm much happier for it.

I'm not always on top of the world - I do have bad days - but overall I would say I am happy and content.

11. Angeli

Angeli PetForums Senior

Im a similar age, am on my own and I love it - Im my own boss and do what I want when I want. I own my home and am currently looking to buy a property with land in Lincolnshire so I can run a cattery business.

I had a long and successful marriage but lost my husband five years ago to MND and have been alone ever since apart from the occasional visit from my son inbetween girlfriends and Im happy when he clears off again. Im not interested in a relationship - the last thing I need is some bloke who thinks he is gods gift to women trying to run my life - have seen this happen to many women where they have been desperate for a relationship because they were afraid to be on their own and ended up losing everything they had achieved before.

I admit its not easy being on your own and it wouldn't suit everyone - you have to be strong minded, determined and fearless to succeed on your own.

12. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I know, everyone seems to be living except you, and they're probably bit jealous of you not having to answer to anyone. There are positives to this :D Easy said but dont get down about it, it will all change when you least expect it until then enjoy the freedom of doing as you please ;)

13. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

aww huni, that makes me want to hug you.

My sister is 32 this yr and single she does have her own house but no OH or children, She was saying she was abit lonely But as i said to her and i fully believe it you never ever know what is around the corner, you could be married with a baby on the way by this time next year. When thier is a number one then you'll know and it will all fall into place!!

Im lucky i guess i have very close parents and sisters
    i also have an OH and 2 children but i sometimes get lonely I have no real close friends anymore that i can talk openly too. Massive hugs xxx

14. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Do you know, I've looked at this thread a few times tonight & have only just been able to make a post on it - struck a chord with me. I'm on my own (apart from my five kitties - mad cat woman springs to mind?!!) & must admit that sometimes I am lonely, even though I have got family & friends. I'm used to being on my own, & do like the freedom it gives me - it's just that it would be nice to have somebody to share things with. Trouble is, I hardly ever go out, so how do you meet someone?? :( Try not to worry about the future - what'll be will be. xx

15. rona

rona Guest

At 30, my father died and because of a bad relationship and the last real financial depression, I became homeless.
    It was so frightening, a friend put me up for 6 months, I had nothing but my friends.
    I know it's frightening but you just have to get out there and do what makes you happy, and then hopefully other things come along and just drop into place.
    Stay positive :)

16. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

hi ya hun i'm so sorry your feeling like this.But you know sometimes you can be living the family life, with a partner and a couple of kids and feel more lonely than if you were actualy living on your own.i never thought i could live on my own but i did it for 6 years and saw the real me come back.:D:D:D

17. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

Hello
    I can relate to your post. I am 33, and single.
    My biggest fear is being old and totally alone, I don't have a big family (1 sister, and my mother). I try not to think about it too much but don't think my dreams, own home, bit of land, lots of pets, 3 kids will ever happen for me and it makes me sad. Consequently I don't see the point in saving or planning - so financially am not being very astute. I don't see the point!
    Hopefully things will improve but I am not counting on it lol!
    Hope things get better for you though!
    Karen

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice