Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

dla so depressing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tjk, May 8, 2011.

1. tjk

tjk PetForums Senior

anyone else claim dla for their kids ?
    just had to do babies renewal and it made me cry i hate claiming it as it reminds me just how severe he is and it upsets me even tho the rest of the time i concentrate on all he has achieved
    just wondered if anyone else feels like this when they do it?

2. Louise Marsh

Louise Marsh PetForums Member

Hiya, my 7 year old has severe ADHD and Autism but with help at school and home he has been doing really well. He even got an award b4 xmas for reading, writing and maths. Please PM me with more details about your claim and I might be able to help better. Keep smiling :) It wont be forever.

3. tjk

tjk PetForums Senior

aw thank you i also have an 6 year old who may have adhd he doesnt quite fit in to any box bless him and his maths and reading is great so long as no one bothers him !

4. Petitepuppet

Petitepuppet PetForums VIP

My mum claims dla for my brother as he has adhd and autism...

5. tjk

tjk PetForums Senior

isnt it strange the two seem to go together my cousin also has severe adhd and mild autism

6. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

My mom didn't even know about DLA until my brother was 11 :mad: He even went to a special needs school since the age of 5 and they didn't clue her in at all! My brothers problems are still undiagnosed even though he is 21 now but my mom feels he has dyspraxia with an element of something else as he can still barely read/write/do maths. To think how much he could have been helped with that money in those 6 years...

7. Louise Marsh

Louise Marsh PetForums Member

Most times they wont tell you about dla, they never told me but it just so happened that my next door neighbor work at the place where they deal with the claims and she bought the forms home to show me. Get her to look into it as she may be intitled to back dated monies :)

8. tjk

tjk PetForums Senior

that is terrible i was told by my boys nurses(he came home on oxygen) and they even tought me how to fill them in! it is also wrong how some people never get proper diagnosis or help my other boy i was fighting from when he was 2 and he finaly saw a doctor at the hospital this year so four years to get him seen by someone even though he has extra help at school ect its just wrong

9. Bandy

Bandy Banned

What is dla?

10. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Disability Living Allowance (I would add a smile but it seems inappropriate!)

11. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

There is talk of dla being scraped in 2013 and being replaced p.i.p and the some people may not qualify to claim it
    They havent said for sure yet if it will go ahead

12. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

I do for 18 yr old son like OP my son was 12 before i got told about it i also never got told about me getting carers allowance it was my housing officer sorted it all out for me :) his last reclaim my son got interviewed at home guy was to ask him couple questions about money son could only answer 1 so he still gets it but im his claiment as he is not great with numbers or money :(

13. ClaireLouise

I claim DLA on behalf of my mother, i know its not the same as claiming it for kids but its still sad

14. tjk

tjk PetForums Senior

thanks for all the replys sometimes its nice to know your not alone :eek:

15. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

I claim it on behalf of my son who has aspergers and a non specific muscle weakness, filling that form in is soul destroying :( I also wasnt told about it, a friend whos son has a similar condition suggested I put in a claim.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice