UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
I know and this is what puzzled me. I thought it was illegal to keep wild birds in the UK, and a Goldfinch is classed as wild bird, no?

I thought perhaps you had some sort of frame that could be attatched to trees allowing for these to slip in. I wonder if goldfinches would even use one?

We have a lot of Goldfinches here, and I'd love to be able to encourage even more. Gorgeous birds!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I know and this is what puzzled me. I thought it was illegal to keep wild birds in the UK, and a Goldfinch is classed as wild bird, no?
Your allowed to keep wild britsh species provided they are bred in captivity and have a closed ring on them to prove they are captive bred. There are also some rarer British species which much registered as well as rung, just like when you register your car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Aurelia,

I want to clarify my situation, in Italy it's possible to breed European Goldfinch asking for an explicit autorization, there is a registry to fill and clock in everytime you exchange birds... and obviously you have to pay a kind of tax... it's not easy but possible...
In every case it's impossible to keep hold catch wild local birds, and we can keep and raising a little number of couples, every bird MUST GOT immovable ring placed on its born.

I'm totally opposed to keep wild birds and litterally hate who do that....
I breed birds because I love them and care of them...

When you asked me that question I has been in doubt to answer, because infact i didn't knew what kind of use you're going to do...
Now I understand better to whom i'm speaking, place a lot of nests, and be their guardian!

I wish you all the best!
Nick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.