Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

distressing sight - what do I do?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by IndysMamma, May 26, 2010.

1. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

on the way home from college today I saw a fluffy white cat dead on the medien between two busy(ish) roads. There's no stopping on the road we were on so my mum couldn't pull over for us to collect it and take it to a vet to scan for a chip :frown:

I have phoned both the vets in town and described it/where it is... one vet is going to see if their animal ambulance can collect it if they are going out that way on a run... what else can I do? I don't really have enough details to post an ad in the paper or anything.

The cat looks fairly 'intact' so I am guessing massive internal trauma as it managed to get away from the road, posture suggests it was crawling :frown::( but it's pure white and no blood obvious.

Just in case anyone knows anyone from Scunthorpe on here... it's on Scotter Rd near Westcommon Lane/ASDA

Poor baby, I hope it was too shocky to feel much pain :(

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Awww what a shame :( I sure he/she didnt suffer may have been hit hard & landed there, poor paws :( You could keep an eye on missing adverts to much of a coninsidance for two white cats to be missing x

3. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

i had a similar experience a few months ago, like you i rang the local vets and i also rang the rspca and cats protection. if you can give your local rescues a ring it might help, i know there`s nothing that can be done for the poor baby now but if an owner is looking for it they`re bound to ring one of them and at least it`ll give them peace of mind if nothing else.

4. Amin

Amin PetForums VIP

Brings Back Very Sad Memories. Wish They had Road sense. :(

5. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

have left a message with Cats Protection, hopefully they will find the owner.

#5 IndysMamma, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  6. charleecat

charleecat PetForums Member

What a distressing sight for you! Poor little kitty.

In future you might want to get advice from the Highways Agency who patrol motorways clearing up 'debris' (sorry to use that word but it covers much more than dead animals). Although this road isn't a motorway, the HA will know which department of the correct Council that will be able to assist you. Their phone number is 08457 50 40 30.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice