Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dispelling myths about positive training

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by CarolineH, Mar 24, 2010.

1. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

2. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Great article :thumbup:. Now to get the CM fanatics to believe it

3. CarolineH

CarolineH PetForums VIP

They will believe what their guru tells them to I expect but it's always refreshing when someone reads up on different methods and re-evaluates their knowledge instead of blindly following without having learned anything else. I expect many trainers and experienced owners have altered their ways after finding out that there is more than one 'expert' to follow. ;) I always believed in learning from a variety of sources though and making use of the best bits without slavishly following one persons teachings, least of all a celebrity!

4. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

She did use to be into pack theory not in a pin your dog to the floor and kick in the side way but eat before your dog etc. Even then she used positive training. She was the trainer that made me see CM wasn't a god incarnate when it came to dog training. A friend told me to watch his show and then VS's both training aggressive dogs. The difference just completely shocked me

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice