Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Disgusting!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by daisyfgw, Apr 1, 2011.

1. daisyfgw

daisyfgw PetForums Junior

I dont know how many of you are from leeds or have visited but i was walking through the leeds market and saw the most horrible sight. Having cats myself i found it very saddening to see two tinyy kittens possibly 4-5 weeks old with worms and vomiting with a slight red tinge (blood?).
    Maybe it was a one off but i wonderd if anyone else had a bad experience with them?

2. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Were they for sale or just wandering around market? Either way call RSPCA and if for sale also your councils Environmental Heath Department.

Poor kittens ...

3. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

And you were able to keep on walking and not do anything? :confused:

I have to be honest, if that had been me, I would have left the market with these two kitties under my arms regardless of where I was going or what I was doing. If I was on a lunch-break, the boss would have been getting a phone call from the nearest vets surgery.

Not having a go at you, btw, just saying what I would have HAD to do because I simply would not have been able to think straight for the rest of the day. I am just a real sappy cow that way.

#3 MoggyBaby, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  4. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Please update us on kittens when you can, if you are unable to help, there may be a member locally who can, maybe with rescue back up :)

5. thelioncub

thelioncub PetForums Senior

Can't help but wonder the same!

I once drove home and saw something dead at the side of the road - but I couldn't tell if it was a fox or cat. It bugged me for ages, to the point where me and my flatmates actually drove back to find out and put my mind at rest - If it was a cat, I wanted to at least see if it had a collar on so we could let the owners know. It did turn out to be a fox anyway tho. Point is - this was a dead animal, so I can't imagine how I'd feel seeing a live one (or two!) that was suffering.
    :(

I too cannot tell if you meant that they were at the market for sale, or wandering around, but I would certainly do *something* either way. If they were for sale - chances are they will be there day in (if they survive that long) so hope is not lost... yet

6. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Anyone in the Leeds area know if kittens are sold at the market?

7. Is that even legal? I hope not.
    Poor kittens. i hope some decent person came along and did something for them.

8. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

the thing is if you buy them that creates a space fo the next kittens, best to call rspca/rescue/police/council and Stop them from breeding the babies in the first place, if people stop buying they will (we live in hope :rolleyes:: ) stop breeding :( :(

9. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I don't recall saying I would have bought them!! :D

It is likely I would have left a few very injured bodies behind me.... :D ;)

(This is assuming the kitties were for sale. The OP was vague on that point)

10. daisyfgw

Sorry for such the late reply, I couldnt do anything 1) i had my little niece with me who was very upset and 2) the 'owner' took the kittens in the back room. I have rang the rspca many times about the shop in question and yes they are for sale i think they cost £150 aswell. The rspca and all the other authorities have said they have done many inspections of the shop and they have found it to be of a very high quality :/ it really bugs me i hate little kittes not being taken care of :(

Oh and also it sounds mean but i didnt want to risk touching them as i have kittens of my own and i would hate to pass on any infection etc.

#10 daisyfgw, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  11. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

:laugh: lol Id be right behind you!

high quality 4/5weeks old with worms?? :eek:

12. daisyfgw

Exactly, its vile that humans can spend all day with these kittens, spot the first unsuspecting victim, make them fork out over £100 only to get them home and they might possibly die :mad: but i have on many occasions been to the market office and reported them to a half listening ignorant person with nothing

13. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Report them again? If the kittens are so young and in such bad condition then the RSPCA may do something this time, even if they've been useless before

Poor little things :(

Em
    xx

14. daisyfgw

I have done, ive just rang the local office. The thing is they sell them really quickly and might have 2 healthy kittens in when the rspca come round, i have taken pics in the past and sent them in an email its really frustraiting i may pop in to the local office tomorrow atleast in person they cant ignore me :tongue_smilie:

15. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Good call hen :thumbup: Drag them there if you have too

Em
    xx

16. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

I can understand you not wanting to touch them, but PLEASE call the RSPCA today and also your local Enviro health and insist they go and look at these kittens, make a stink, a BIG stink and tell them you want calls back to update you on what has happened to these kittens.

It is frustrating but we MUST keep trying :(

Just read update :thumbup1:

17. jenniferx

jenniferx PetForums VIP

That is so sad. I hope something gets done for their sake :(

I'm surprised people would pay £150 for animals that are so obviously ill or maybe that is part of it, they bank on people taking pity.
    In 2005 there was a shop in town here that sold kittens for just £7.

18. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

me too...cant stop thinking about missing ozzie on cat chat.. feel quite tearful tonight....really hope OP gets in contact with someone...i hate this crappy world sometimes...poor kittens :mad::mad::mad:

19. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Awwwwwww, poor Honeysmummy, here.... some BIG hugs for you too just because.............. You're worth it!! ;)

20. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

Thanks MoggyBaby...right back atcha :D:D xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice