Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Disgusting breeder

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by simplysardonic, Jul 24, 2021.

1. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

And banned for just 8 years:(

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/...hLhqJWKhD88gJ_6MIzwvmOEOpLhjgrxPfeCVG2EBHLcho

This poor little mite was apparently one of this pond life's future breeding prospects:
    https://www.facebook.com/HopeRescueWales/posts/4379562635398600

For those without FB I've quoted Hope Rescue's post about him, I've bolded his health issues:

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

From Wales eh? Makes me think of that thread of the breeder who is refusing to sell two females to someone in Wales who seems a bit desperate to have them.

adamantis, margy, Lurcherlad and 2 others like this.
  3. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Appalling. Hardly punished at all. Once he’s out he will be back to abusing dogs

4. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

Bet he'd made more than that fine selling previous litters :rolleyes:

Cropping seems to be a super hot topic right now. Ignoring the ethical and legal factors, I just don't see the appeal visually!

The whole bully, frenchie, bulldog breeding and showing off scene is just... eurgh.

[​IMG]

adamantis, margy, Lurcherlad and 6 others like this.
  5. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Moderator
    Staff Member

Wales is a real hot-spot for puppy-farmers.

6. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Wales has more relaxed laws on puppy farms than England, hence the large number based there.

Laws on third party sales have recently changed but they seem to be unaffected & the factory farming of dogs carries on regardless.

7. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

Wales is a whole country, the puppy farming hot spot is rural West Wales and this news is from the capital city. Just another trash backyard bully breeder I’m afraid.
    Poor dogs. I’m glad he’s had the book thrown at him. It is something isn’t it though that the ear cropping (which I do object to) is the main issue and not the crippling physical deformities he was intentionally breeding for. Qualzucht laws definitely overdue.

8. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I should have specified that they're concentrated in certain areas, Carmathenshire is the county I see mentioned most frequently in association with PFs, not sure what it's like where my dad lives in Pembs, which is about as west as you can get!

LinznMilly and picaresque like this.
  9. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

I mean it is true that the Welsh gov were responsible for incentivising struggling farmers to start breeding dogs to stay afloat, it’s just a)not relevant in our towns and cities and b)not the case that every dog breeder in the entire country is a puppy farmer. Not that you were saying that of course but it is quite a persistent belief.
    Commercial third party selling of puppies and kittens has since been made illegal here anyway but of course breeders with no conscience will always find a way to cash in and they don’t have to be puppy farmers on an industrial scale. As evidenced by the article in the OP - terrible American bully ‘producers’ are rife in Cardiff and surrounding areas.

LinznMilly and simplysardonic like this.
  10. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

I saw their post not long ago on Instagram.

Ear cropping has been banned for well over 100 years, I cant understand why it's making such a blatant come back.

No doubt the increase in popularity of certain bull breeds has fuelled the practice.

11. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I've noticed a lot of American bully breeders seem to be in cities & suburbs rather than rural areas, I feel sorry for anyone having to live near these breeders, given the sheer number of dogs many of them seem to have in tiny properties.

But nowhere as sorry as I feel for the poor dogs:(

MontyMaude, LinznMilly and picaresque like this.
  12. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

It's a pity they can't crop their ears.

margy likes this.
  13. Mum2Ozzy

Mum2Ozzy PetForums Member

He should be banned for life. He reminds me of that bloke from Wales who posted here about not being able to register his litter with KC because he bred his bitch back to back.

14. Sarah H

Sarah H Grand Empress of the Universe

Those chunky cropped bullies seem to be the new trend. The state of that poor pup. Just don't understand how people only see dogs as ££ and not family members.

margy and Jason25 like this.
  15. Jason25

Jason25 PetForums VIP

16 weeks lol should of gave him 16 years, plenty of time to think about the impact his actions has caused.

The sentencing and fine are rubbish. Probably made a mint breeding and selling, most likely well worth the small time inside.

margy, Lurcherlad and Calvine like this.
  16. Jason25

Jason25 PetForums VIP

it’s because it makes them look angry, like they are frowning. A stare that will make people think twice about approaching or whatever which just attracts thug assholes to buy them and use them as a status dog.

Just my opinion of course lol

lorilu, LinznMilly and Calvine like this.
  17. Jason25

Jason25 PetForums VIP

It’s surprising how many people think cropping keeps the ears free of ear infections. They truly believe if you have them cropped they won’t get ear infections, if you have one without cropped ears it’s guaranteed to get ear infections :Facepalm

18. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

I think the ‘proceeds of crime’ legislation should be applied here, and every penny that he’s made from breeding should be confiscated.

Fat chance though……

Colette, margy, Lurcherlad and 3 others like this.
  19. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

That excuse always winds me up!!
    If that were true, why is it just the "intimidating"/imposing breeds that get cropped, and not things like spaniels or dachshunds??
    Just admit it's for nothing but looks and stop trying to justify it as preventative and you're doing them a favour, geez.

Burrowzig likes this.
  20. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

But such breeds have been around for decades - Presa's, Dobermann's, Great Danes, Schnauzers etc and nobody in the UK bothered with the cropping. Why now are we seeing a massive surge with the newer breeds like XL bullies and the like?

Sarah H likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice