Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Discharge...how long

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by Callie, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

Hi folks,
    Me again........ Ok so Amber is still doing the heavy breathing and panting(although you don't notice it as much when she is resting.) Everything else is fine and pups are thriving.
    How long does the discharge last after giving birth. Generally she is doing well at keeping herself clean and there is no foul smell but looked like some fresh blood today.....Is this norm?

Sorry to hear your still in hospital Tanya. Don't know how you keep going with all the advice but it is greatly appreciated. Get well soon.

2. mel

mel PetForums Member

The rule usually is along as its not smelly or new blood its fine some girls bleed for a while after...if its red blood then best to contact ur vet how many days post pups is she ? xx

3. Callie

Callie PetForums Senior

This her her 8th day

4. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Aww thanks.
    I'd get it checked. It may be she has a touch of vaginitis or a UTI. Doesn't sound like anything serious, but I'd get her in for a check up and vet will probably give her a dose of anti biotics.

I don't expect to see fresh blood for this long. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice