Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dirty dogs..

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by catz4m8z, Nov 16, 2012.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Does anybody else have a dog that just seems to be at least slightly grubby all the time?:confused:
    I think Adam stays lovely and sweet smelling (with all his white bits still white) for a couple of days after a bath but then he goes back to being scruffy and whiffy! Ok, its not helped by the fact that he loves to roll in poop and cant seem to sniff a lamp-post without leaning his side on it but even when he doesnt smell of poop and stale wee he still smells of dirt!!:rolleyes:
    Im not sure if he is defective or this is just what happens when you let Chihuahuas run amok and dont confine them to handbags!!LOL:laugh:

2. Squeeze

Squeeze PetForums VIP

You actually let your chis walk...?
    This is where you are going wrong... ;)

3. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Exactly - what is wrong with you woman. Where is their Louie Vitton Handbag to travel in!! :eek:

Cruel cruel person!

:D

P.S we don't see nearly enough pictures of them.

P.S.S Don't ever own a gundog! ;)

4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Im trying to get my friend to help me out with pics later this month hopefully!;)
    As for gundogs?? Pfft! We were out this morning and passed a lady with 2 pristine white ESSs.....then along comes Adam, wet, muddy, smeared in poop and trailing several twigs in his tail!:lol:
    Clearly that particular park had been sucked into an alternate universe!LOL:rolleyes:

5. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

yup
    Rocky is one dirty dog, he has a grubby beard, grubby paws, he rarely looks white on his white bits and every day is a daily battle to remove all the debris he has collected on walks :)

Percy on the other hand is known as teflon dog, he always looks pristine, his white paws never get muddy even when the others are all filthy!! all this and he hunts rabbits and birds, gets right in the undergrowth. The most you'll ever see on him is a burr and then he will immediately remove it.
    wish they were all like him :cool:

6. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Obviously you were duped. ESS's are never pristine!

7. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

That sounds like Heidi. She always looks immaculate and smells like she has been dipped in perfume!!:D Of course it probably helps that unlike the other 2 she prefers to eat any poop she finds rather then roll in it!!:rolleyes:

8. 2Cats2Dogs

2Cats2Dogs PetForums VIP

Having 2 white dogs myself, it is a pain in the neck keeping them clean, though it is worth it.

Buddy is just a git. Whenever we get him groomed and he comes out smelling lovely and all fluffy, within in a day he has rolled in some poo somewhere! :mad: Being a Bichon he requires lots of brushing and we bath him once a week. We have to watch for tear stains and he doesn't like it when we try to get around his eyes to wipe the tear stains away. If Buddy doesn't roll in poo, he tends to get away with not whiffing so much.

Maisie remains quite clean, though she has a habit that when it is damp and wet she rolls over the grass and she is drenched. Because the green is full of rabbit, fox, dog and all other kinds of poo even human, she pongs big time. Has that 'doggy' smell. However, she still ends up looking cleaner of the 2.

It is quite the challenge keeping them white and clean, but I love it :001_wub:

9. Lil Doglets

Lil Doglets PetForums VIP

Tammy always looks a state lol, as soon as i finish brushing her and tying her hair back she goes and rubs herself all around the stairs and rubbing her head on everything, so all my work is immediately undone :rolleyes:
    On walks if the grass is even slightly damp she will end up soaked right up her legs, half her tail, all of her face, entire underbody and halfway up the sides.
    She doesn't just get muddy paws, she ends up like 50% mud lol
    Each foot ends up looking like they have a small bush growing out of them :p
    And when she eats half the food ends up all around her face!

A tiny dog with long hair is really not the greatest combination lol

10. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

At least if they are white the dirt is easy to find though!:) Ive just lent down to stroke Adam and encountered a patch of dried, crusty fur!:eek:
    Im sure he is very pleased with himself that he managed to sneak that one by me!!LOL:D

11. 2Cats2Dogs

2Cats2Dogs PetForums VIP

True the dirt is easier to see, but it seems like they see a puddle of mud and think "Yes you are going to have fun tonight getting this off"

Well the other day Buddy was laying on me and left a little clinker on me!! :yikes:

12. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

awwww, a little present!!LOL:ciappa:

13. 2Cats2Dogs

2Cats2Dogs PetForums VIP

You could call it that. At first sight I thought it was a black pudding! :laugh:

14. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

I dont mind doggy smells but every now and then OH lets me know that Remy is a bit whiffy..

He does like to roll in things but even if he hasnt he smells a bit 'wild'..
    He has a real animal smell about him..

We always say you can take the Remy out of the wild but you cant take the wild out of Remy !

Attached Files:

• 021.jpg
      021.jpg
      File size:
      79.6 KB
      Views:
  15. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

I have found this with Sam I feel like I'm constantly wiping him down and cleaning his paws whereas Oscar rarely gets dirty. I suppose it's my own fault for getting a white dog :D

16. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

i feel really sorry for all of you!
    tia's a really clean dog.. she never seems to get muddy, just her legs and belly and that all comes off with a few wet wipes and she tries to roll in poo but she can't do it! i've no idea why.. she just misses and never actually manages to get any poo on her. it's fantastic.

17. Bisbow

Bisbow PetForums VIP

Holly keeps very clean as well, when she does get muddy it dries and falls off very quickly and it is usualy gone by the time she gets home

18. Freddie and frank

Freddie and frank PetForums VIP

yep...his name is frank.:D
    have always said he's like the smelly kid in school.
    he rolls in anything, lies down in muddy puddles to keep cool, goes rooting through any undergrowth he can find and this morning he launched himself into the smelly canal THREE TIMES.:yikes:
    cue a hose down when we got back.

ps, love the name adam..:D

19. Reverie

Reverie PetForums VIP

Buffy usually always looks a state, her fur goes all curly and scruffy 5 mins after brushing, and the minute we go outside her beard gets soaking from being poked into puddles etc.

I've given up hope of a pristine dog. :p

20. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

Being heavy coated, Jed picks up every bit of dirt, leaf or twig he passes. Plus he takes an eternity to dry so he always looks grubby. He was at training last night, lay on his side and his underneath had thick clods of dirt attached and it was all matted, I felt embarrased that I hadnt given him a brush before we left but he was still damp so there was no point.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice