Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dirty dirty dog!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Pixie2010, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Pixie2010

Pixie2010 PetForums Senior

Just been for a lovely sunshiney walk, all was going well until Pixie decided to fashion herself, not just a necklace, but almost an entire coat out of the most foul smelling thing she has ever rolled in! I'm thinking possibly a dead animal! Straight home with all the windows open, and into the bath where it took 2 shampoos to get her clean! Now she's curled up on the sofa looking like butter wouldn't melt and I can still smell it!!! Dirty little dog!

2. AmberNero

AmberNero PetForums VIP

My Pixie likes to try a poop/dead animal roll now and then, stiiiiiiiinks doesn't it! ewww!

Also, pictures! :D

3. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

My dog is also disgusting! We have just got back from our walk & she stinks

She found what I initially thought, was some sort of rope & tried to eat it. As I told her to 'leave it' & took if from her I realised it was rotting intestines :eek:

She then ran back to where she found them & rolled in whatever it was - it was so badly decomposed that I wasn't sure but am guessing a deer due to the size of the 'bits' left.

4. Pixie2010

Pixie2010 PetForums Senior

Glad I am not alone! I thought the fox poo rolling was bad but this was worse!! Sorry no pictures. To busy trying not to vomit and then straight into the bath!

5. LauraLou

LauraLou PetForums Junior

This happened to me today! :( I got my dog to lay on the floor and pulled her along to wipe some of it off on the grass lol, she didn't care, but I got a few odd looks lol :D

6. Baileys Blind

Baileys Blind PetForums Senior

must be National Fox Poo Rolling Day or something - Kiara had a good roll today too . . . . .

Only there was a pretty decent frost this morning so I brushed off the ice and Voila clean dog :prrr: to you Kiz, mummie's won this round :lol: :lol:

7. sskmick

sskmick PetForums VIP

Pleased to say we haven't rolled in fox poo today. I read a previous thread about Fox poo being smelly, at that time I hadn't fortunately come into contact with the stuff.

About a month ago we came in from our walk, Duke jumped up on my knee and there was this horrendous smell, worse that a doggy pump. I checked my shoes, nothing. The smell seemed to get worse, oh my goodness it was all around his hind leg. I didn't know which one of us to shower first. :rolleyes: :eek:

8. SidneyFrankie

SidneyFrankie PetForums Member

I've heard ketchup is good at neutralising bad smells. Not too sure if it actually works though, as thankfully mines not a roller.

9. Goldstar

Goldstar PetForums VIP

That's exactly what I did to Lucky today :D she rolled in diarrhea so I tried to wipe her on the grass to get it off. It just made things worse though because I ended up with it all over my hands :nonod:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice