Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dilemma

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Nellybelly, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

We used to have a very limited choice of dog foods in Cyprus, but recently this has changed a lot.

Bella eats about 60% royal canin dry food and the rest ranges from appropriate leftovers, to raw bones, boiled veg, chicken rice, raw veg, nuts, fruit - very varied as you can tell!

She is a very healthy dog, good stable weight, and her coat is in great conditon, and she loves her food.

Do I change to a 'better' alternative such as Orjen...or do I continue as I am doing now?

I am inclined to not change anything... just wanted other opinions.

2. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Don't try to fix what isn't broken ;)

3. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

4. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

On paper - "change" :eek:
    As you know Royal Canin has lots of cereals and orijen is so much better.

In "practice" stay as you are. She's happy and doing well. It may not be the best food but it's better than lots out there.

"If" curiosity gets the better of you why not get a small bag (I think it comes in v small sizes) and use as treats, if all goes well, you can pop in the occasional meal and decide.:D

I empathise - dog food is the bain of my life. I keep coming back to something that I'm not entirely happy with but she loves it and so does her tum. :rolleyes::D

5. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

that's the thing. i know orjen is scientifically a superior food...but she is doing perfect on her current diet.

6. chestersmum

chestersmum PetForums Senior

I agree with the others if it ain't broke .... I did try Orijen and it didn't agree with Chester. His coat was dull had dry skin and was scavenging all the time. Shame as it is a very good food

7. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Oh wow, definitely doesn't sound like it agreed with him!

8. chestersmum

chestersmum PetForums Senior

I know but I do know what he does like so depending on money situations I have a range of what to give him dry,wet or raw. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice