Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Diiesal the terrier pup

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by kayla, Jul 26, 2009.

1. kayla

kayla PetForums Member

Diesal is 7 months old and has lived with 4 little children and another dog. The family are moving and can only take one dog with them.

He is a great little man who is a bit overweight but otherwise healthy. He has been castrated and had his first vac.

He was scared pof new dogs when he first came in but now gets on with them. he loves children, will sit when asked and give a high 5.

He does get anxious when left but with other dogs he is not so concerned. He has been used to children feeding him titbits so is now on a reduced rubbish diet.

2. kayla

kayla PetForums Member

some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

Im confused by the second picture...which dog is needing a home?!

4. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

the one on the right i think

5. louisehall21

louisehall21 PetForums Junior

diesal is the one on the last pic with the little girl the other photo is a mistake they are other dogs in the rescue hope that clears the confusion

6. mr.stitches

thanks!

hes a lovely looking chap. where abouts is he?

7. kayla

kayla PetForums Member

Diesel is in Swansea

8. Shrike_xX

Shrike_xX PetForums Newbie

Sorry but 'they can only take one dog' - it is their choice to move, and he's not exactly a big dog so I don't understand why their taking one and not the other, its sick that they can decide between the two dogs. Sorry I just get frustrated when people make up silly reasons to give up pets, its good that he will find a new loving home though.

9. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

It could be something to do with a rent/tenancy agreement. Many places will allow only one dog. If you breach this agreement they will either evict you, or make you give up a dog.

We shouldnt judge when we dont have the full facts.

10. kayla

kayla PetForums Member

Diiesal froster mum say Right i shall start with Diesels not so great points as there is only 2 so will be very quick! Diesel suffers a little bit from seperation anxiety. He doesnt chew or anything like that but will whine and howl. He whined a bit after the lovely Eileen dropped him of last week but sorry Eileen, this was short lived and it wasnt long before you were just a figment of his imagination, and within a few hours he was settling in well, being kindly guided by Noah I dont actually have to doing anything with the foster dogs here. So, i had to pop down the post office a couple of days later, was only gone 15 minutes and on my return, as walking up the road i thought i could hear a dog that was in excrutiating pain but on arriving closer to home found that it was just Diesel letting the whole street know he was home alone he is a very loud for a little fella. The next day we had to go to a christening, i could hear Diesel yapping and howling as we left but then when we returned and hour and a bit later there was silence, so he does calm down after a bit. Because Noahs been ill ive not been able to do much in the way of tackling this so far bt will start this weekend.

The other thing that isnt great is that Diesal will pinch food from whatever source he can. Thankfully he's too short to reach up to kitchen sides and into bins and things but Noah has found that he only has to blink and his sandwich has dissappeared! This is just something that has to be bared in mind if Diesel was to go to home home with other young children. Probably also explains why he was such a porker when he first came to the rescue.

Now on to the good bits! Diesel is an ABSOLUTLEY FABULOUS all rounder. I have been searching for other faults but he really is an amazing little dog. He loves nothing more than to be around humans, we've had him off lead since the first time we took him out (not on road) and he has no interest whatsoever in leaving you for that dog or person that looks ever so interesting on the horizon. Lovely little story actually, i took him D and N over our local field to get them both worn out (you'd know why if anyone ever came round our house) Noahs got a bit of an obsession with balls and spotted someone some metres away from us with a great big red, yellow and blue basketball so naturally wanted it so started chasing after this chap. I kept Diesel by my side but when Noah got to a certain distance Diesel really started whining and trying to get free so i let him go just out of curiosity. He went running as fast as he could up to where Noah was (probo about 50 metres) and stood in front of Noah barking until Noah stopped, turned round and came back to me! It was great to watch and now everytime we go up the field Diesel loyally sticks by Noahs side, its amazing and very touching (Noahs only 2 by the way). So another little dog that is fantastic around kids, very licky (especially when there is food around mouth area) but i find children get amused by this??!!

Great with the cats, another one that gets a bit confused as to why they wont play. Has not once showed aggression, even when Noah stuck a finger in his eye! Recall is just fantastic! He loves fetch and chasing seagulls.

I think Diesel would be better suited to an active family as he is a young dog with energy to burn! Kids and other dogs would be great for him. He is such a sweetie, he lies next to you like a human and snores!

I bet ive missed loads of important things out but just ask if you have any questions!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. louisehall21

he is such a cutie and hope he gets a loving home soon why would anyone not want to take a dog like him home love the ears they get me everytime :laugh:

12. kayla

kayla PetForums Member

Diesal is having a couple of days sleepover at a potential local home. As long as Diesal behaves with the cats I think he will be unpacking his bag.

13. mindymoo

mindymoo PetForums Member

I hope diiesal enjoys his sleepover and finds his forever home soon hes scrummy xx

14. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

I feel this comment is rather hard ,so many people are losing homes/jobs at the moment,and have to make a heartbreaking choice .

15. louisehall21

well diesal did well on his little sleepover and they have fallen in love with this little lad, who couldn't. He will now be unpacking his bags and staying in his forever home.

16. kayla

kayla PetForums Member

Rehomed ;)

17. mr.stitches

Yay! Very pleased for him, well done you for finding him a forever home!

18. lozza84

lozza84 PetForums VIP

what a lovely boy....i would have him if i could :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice