Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Digging pit for terrier

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by DebsPink, Aug 12, 2009.

1. DebsPink

DebsPink PetForums Member

Has anyone made a special digging place for their terrier (or other type of dog) to dig, so they don't (hopefully!) dig up the rest of the garden? Does it work? How big would it need to be? Normal soil or something else?

Should I try to direct the digging to one place or try to discourage it altogether - I think that might be impossible.

Just wondering as at 10 weeks my JRT puppy is already showing some pretty determined digging traits.

Thanks,

Debs

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I tried givng them a certain place to dig.... Problem is, that after all the crap weather my lawn is quite bare and once my back is turned they dig wherever they want! Lol

I have heard that making them a sand pit can help but I can just imagine sand getting thrown all over the place when they dig! Lol

x

3. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

We just got a sand pit like for kids buried a few toys and treats in there and he loved it. It saved the garden too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice