Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

different vaccination types

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by dickybirdclocks, Apr 5, 2011.

1. dickybirdclocks

dickybirdclocks PetForums Junior

Had my pup vaccinated 12 days ago and due to behaviour problems i am eager to get him out and about on short walks and to take him to dog training class,many people including breeder tell me i should have been able to get his 2nd injection 2 weeks after his 1st . I rang vet who was a little stern in telling me he was an expert with over 30 yrs experience regrds these injections and told me he had used Eurican that was given at 8 weeks and 12 weeks and that others were not reliable and were more of a modern fad due to people being less willing to wait and had in fact witnessed the failure of these 2 week vaccines and dogs had died , he stated he had never had any failures with the type given to my pup.

2. reddogs

reddogs PetForums Senior

Don't know about that vaccine but if the vet is following protocol then that is what happens

however have a wander round the internet and see what it says for that particular vaccine then armed with the info you can go back to the vet

BUT and here is my BUT

don't be in a rush, some breeds can have adverse reactions to vaccines and it is only a couple of weeks for many years of a healthy life

3. dickybirdclocks

dickybirdclocks PetForums Junior

I have done a bit of research and have come up with lots of info to back up what the vet says . Much seems to be to do with the natural substance pup got from his mum to avert disease etc and that can still be present at 8 weeks and interferes with the 1st injection not allowing it to take hold properly thus requiring a further injection 4 weeks later to hopefully give full protection .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice