Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Diets!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 0nyxx, Jun 29, 2009.

1. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

We'll I'm trying to be good! (emphasis on trying) I've been on a diet for 3 weeks & lost a stone.

Problem is I love potatoes bread & pasta, can do with out chocolate biscuits & sweets, but love all of the above lol.

I'm feeling deprived lol cos Im only allowed a little pasta when I could eat a plate full & only so much bread & potatoes too.

Im already sick of the sight of vegetables especially salad veg!!!

I'd love to be a naturally skinny person!

kittykat likes this.
  2. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Oh I gave up diets years ago! I just felt depressed not being able to eat what I wanted to! I basically eat what I want but I do walk Cola alot so hopefully that keeps me from getting obese! haha

3. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

A DIET!!! I knew I was supposed to start something today. Oh well, maybe I'll remember tomorrow. ;)

How on earth have you lost a stone in 3 weeks?!?! Well done!:):):) xx

4. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Don't talk to me about diets! All of them do nothing unless you change your lifestyle which is hard to do.

So now my diet consists of extra fat :rolleyes: :D

5. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Yeah my motto is life is too short to diet! I'd rather exercise (if I had to!) lol

6. kenla210

kenla210 PetForums Senior

I feel your pain! Have been on ww for two weeks and lost 8lb so far, but getting a bit sick of having to count EVERYTHING...

7. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

a stone in 3 weeks is absolutely amazing! well done you!

8. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Has anyone tried one of those prepared diets? In my opinion they are a waste of time, unless it has come straight from a professional. My mom has just purchased one of those 'celebrity slim' packs, just for curiosity. While they are low in fat they are absolutely loaded in sugar, the powdered shake mixes contain on average 25g of sugar. :eek:

9. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Can you imagine what that would do to someone? You're lacking nutrients and high on sugar :eek:

10. sammyben

sammyben Guest

I have been yo-yo dieting since I was late teens with no success. Everytime I lose weight, it quickly finds me again :D

However, I have been on quite a strict change of diet/way of eating for the past 2 weeks as I am due to have my gallbladder removed and as my BMI is too high have been advised to lose as much weight as poss before the op. I am tryin to cut down on carbs as I eat far too much of them and of course just eat healthier food and more excercise....lost 6lb so far!!

Well done on losing 1 stone in 3 weeks, thats great!!! :D

x

11. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

And what's more worrying is that the powdered shakes in this so-called 'diet' are designed to substitute meals. The box states that the diet takes eight weeks, so over an eight week period you'll be consuming 1400g of sugar, if you consumed one sachet per day. :eek:

1400g of sugar is roughly equivalent to around 7 tubs of Walls cream of cornish ice cream, providing that I've got the arithmetic right.

12. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

i haven't done a diet because i was told if i lost anymore wait id be underweight :eek: but i had a healty eating phase.

i can cope with chocolate and crisps but i dont eat alot of main food because im so picky...my diet consists of chicken, pasta, tuna and rice and maybe abit of lamb or salmon

i hardly weigh anything but ive got a right belly on me! can't wait to properly get back into my horse riding to get rid of it again!

13. debijw

debijw PetForums VIP

My mother-in-law bought this for me a few years ago and no I wasn't offended shes the best mum-in-law in the world and I love her alot.

DSC01816.jpg

14. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

man i tried diets for agggges and they never worked. iv never been that overweight but i did put on like 2stone when i was with my last boyfriend (its their fault im telling ya!!).

but since i found out about my coeliacs and so not able to eat things like bread and pasta (which i love :( ) the weight just fell off me. still got a bit to go before id be at the weight i wanna be at. but im actually quite happy with my shape right now, which i havent been for a while! nice flat tummy! just gotta get a bit off the ol love handle area haha!!

15. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Thats like me, i have skinny toned arms and legs but a pot belly its so annoying. xx

16. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

my arms are realllly skinny but my thighs :eek: im sure they are horrid but everyone else always seem to say they are really nice :eek:ut:

17. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Lol, i dont think we will ever be happy with our bodies xxx

18. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

I've got the rather embarrassing problem of not having a bottom :blushing: I'm a bit like a stick with boobs and the occasional sticky out bit, scrawny arms and legs; I'd give anything to have a bottom :rolleyes:

19. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Yes i would love a nice big bum and boobs the only sticky out bit i have is my belly lol xxx

#19 MADCAT, Jun 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  20. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

Horse Ride :thumbsup: Goes straight to your bum :thumbsup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice