Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Diets - Inspire Me !!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RAINYBOW, Apr 6, 2011.

1. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

OK so i need to ditch the muffin top for the summer.

So come on my trusty PF comrades, who is doing what at the moment and most importantly is it working :D Slimming World, Weight Watchers, Cabbage Soup ???

What's HOT and What's NOT :D

xxx

2. I preferred slimming world! but have heard it said that the tescos online diet aint to be sniffed at! NOT that I am pushing for tescos! NO WAY!

3. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

I know DT, i have done the inline Tesco thing and it is very good, they just sent me an invite to rejoin but i thought i would see what the alternatives are first though (it's as if they knew i was thinking about it :eek:) Bloody Witchcraft if you ask me :D

4. Savahl

Savahl Guest

Low GI and exercise. boring but works! Just stick to brown bread, rice and pasta if u have to eat bread rice and pasta at all. Replace heavy carbs (inc potato) with tonnes and tonnes of vegetables or salad! Chicken, turkey and fish are all good meats...

Oh its also an easy way to maintain to... cutting out carbs means your body uses fat reserves to burn for energy to lose weight, once at target just reintroduce brown rice and pasta and bread and the likes and this carb will be used for energy instead and weight will be maintained.

#4 Savahl, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011
  5. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Salads, soup and zero booze, it works for me but by gosh the without booze bit is painful :(

6. i haTED WEIGHTWATCHERS! BUNCH OF PLONKERS WAS MY OPINION! and they are trying to copy weightwatchers anyway!
    Do the DT diet Rainybows! Just dont put the food in the gob ! That will be £5.50 per week thank you very much!:D

7. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Slimming world I loose 3lbs ish a week doing it, it's easy and simple!

I love it seriously I eat loads on it and still loose weight!

8. Told ya rainybows!:D

9. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I know loads who have had success with Slimming World and Weightwatchers! If that's not for you I do think calorie counting is a good start, that's all I do and if I can be bothered it works but I don't normally last more than a few days :lol:

You could go running with Oscar :D I intended to with Rupert but I end up doing uni work first thing now and don't fancy it when everyone is about..!

10. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

I hated weight watchers aswell, could loose weight only ever stayed the same every week I went so was getting charged £5 a week for nothing lol

But Extra easy on slimming world is great!

11. The only thing I lost at weighwatchers was hard earned cash!:eek:

12. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

13. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

im on that site too and so far so good. (but not half as good as TDM)
    just wish it was as easy to get off as it was putting it on :lol:

14. fluffybunny2001

fluffybunny2001 PetForums VIP

i`m doing slimming world and have lost over 3 stone,this is my comparison picture so far!!its inspiring me on!
    [​IMG]

15. gorgeous

gorgeous PetForums VIP

A friend recommends Diet Chef!|

All the meals delivered and she said they are tasty.

http://www.dietchef.co.uk/

I personally like Weight Watchers - I can have 22 vodkas and a cabbage and lose weight!

16. If I pass on the cabbage does that mean I can 23 vodkas then!:D

17. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

WOW Mrs thats fantastic :) Well Done !!!!!!

I have done most of the commercial ones. Slimming World has worked better for me in the past and have done The Idiots Guide ZERO carbs diet OMG thats tough but pretty good weight loss.

Finding it hard to get morivated at the moment though BUT heading towards that point on the scales where i say ENOUGH and sort it out, doesn't mean it is fun though :(

I have done so many diets i know what i should (or more importantly shouldn't) be eating so i thought i might just put together a "diet box" a week.

The Innnocence veg pots are on special offer in tesco and i really like them when i am dieting :)

((((big sigh)))) but the wine and chocolate brownies the kids made me for mothers day need finishing first :( ;)

18. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

If you go on a diet especially one of the more extreme ones cabbage soup etc you'll lose the weight quickly but you'll just put it back on again when you come off the diet. It's better to eat a balanced diet and that involves all food groups but make sure to keep your calories down and up your exercise. The weight won't fall off you overnight but it's much better for you and has a higher chance of you sticking to it

19. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I have a naughty day a week and can still easily lose 2lbs on it. I try to stick to 1200-1500 kcals daily then eat whatever I want whenever I want on a Friday. Keeps me sane, no idea what I'd do otherwise :scared:

I'm jealous of chocolate brownies now! Really fancy some home made ones shop ones don't cut it :rolleyes:

I live off carbs and sugar, no way I could do Atkins etc :eek:

20. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

You are preaching to someone who knows ;) :) xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice