Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dieting

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Changes, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

How many people have tried diets and they haven't worked?

Who has tried a diet that has worked?

Has anyone taken any slimming pills or supplements and found them to be useless or brilliant?

I have tried

Weight Watchers - lost a fair amount of weight and then when I stopped going put it all back on again and then some.

I went to Slimming World once but the instructor was awful.

I attended Paul Mckennas weight loss seminar twice and put on two stone.

I have taken -

citromax slimming pills

Extra fiber supplements

Adios

Tesco weight loss tablets

Pink Patches

Slimming Herbs

and loads more crap that just hasn't worked - I am now sick of being ripped off by people who just want my money and don't actually have a soloution that could help me to get slim and stay slim

I have over the years paid out more than £1000 and I am still fat

I refuse to pay out any more money for stuff that just doesn't work.

:D wow I just had a mega rant

2. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

LOL! :D

The one thing that I did lose lots of weight with was when I pretty much stopped eating carbs. It wasn't striclty Atkins or anything but I just stopped eating bread (unless it was Nimble and only then 2 slices at lunchtime), pasta, potatoes.

I lost about 2 stone in 2 months, but as always, when I started eating the carbs again the weight came back, although I've never been quite as heavy as I was before then.

I am a fiend for carbs, this is my biggest downfall, I coul literally live in bread, I can't get enough of it! :D

#2 HighlandQuine, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  3. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

I have done the atkins diet but it made my breath smell so bad no one would talk to me close up lol :) I didn't really lose wuch weight either - I have tried low fat dieting - fruit and veg detox - water and lemon detox - omg I have tried loads of diets but the only thing I was good at losing at the end of the day was money LOL

4. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

I have never done a diet programme or wated money on so called 'slimming-aids'.....they are generally a rip-off and a great way for people to get rich off the back of other's unhappiness.

I do things my own way and i achieve the results i want.... it costs nothing except will power LOL

I know it's not so easy for everyone....my mum finds it difficult so im not knocking people's struggles, i just hate seeing her ripped off :mad:

5. MissG

MissG PetForums VIP

Diet's might help you loose weight, but it rarely keeps it off.

Only a change of lifestyle can do that.

If you seriously want to loose weight, cut your calorie intake and increase your exercise. Once you start burning of more calories than you take in, you will loose weight.

It really is as simple as that.

6. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

It is so horrible to see people being ripped off, the dieting industry is probably one of the bigest cons on the planet.

#6 Changes, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  7. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Simple wisdom :) love it x

8. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

i have always yoyo'd with my wieght and went to wieght watchers but i just

kept thinkin im paying to be wieghed whn i can just use the points thing at

home, then i got sick of counting everything and have since decided im just

gunna eat lots of veg n fruits and cut down on carbs fats etc and the size of

meals and back at the gym a few times a week doing a proper workout where

i use to stare at the clock and then say ahh well ive done an hour thatl

do...whereas ive not really done much.....and as i hate my body that much

ive stuck to eating lots of healthy stuff cut out the packs of biscuits to none

at all as with them not staring at me i dont actually want them i were just

eating them for the sake of it.....i will have a treat now and again and

hopefully the way im doing it once i lose it i wont pile it back on. I think their

right its a change of lifestyle instead of buying things that dont work.

9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I am trying to lose weight and am on a website where you enter in what you ate and what exercise you did, you just gotta make sure you don't go over your daily reccomended calorie amount, and I'm doing enough exercise to burn more calories than I have eaten.

I am supposed to be cutting out the junk food but I can't just throw it away! :D Lol.

Diet starts properly tomorrow!

x

10. rona

rona Guest

I've never even needed to think about it, I'm the same weight now as I was 30 years ago :001_tt2:

11. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

Oh, you're so lucky! :)

I'm sure I must have weighed 10 stone when I was born! :D

12. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Maybe that is the answer :) I think it has to be what works for you (everyone individually) I sometimes get really down about being fat but I haven't found what works for making me thin yet lol

13. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

I actually never eat chocolate or cake or biscuits

I have a small amount of sweet things like fruit pastles or marshmallows but in moderation

I don't eat more than my really thin friends either - in fact some of them eat loads more than me lol not fair

14. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

I have managed to kill loads of threads in the last few days lol - anyone needing their thread killing just pm me pmsl

15. rona

rona Guest

Just so you don't kill your thread :D
    Do you exercise as well as diet?
    I'm sure that this is why I am still thin, however, it is easy for me because my job is very active.
    What type of work do you all do?

16. Savahl

Savahl Guest

I have a pretty active job - constantly on my feet, up and down ladders, doing heavy cable runs... I also Climb twice a week, and swim twice a week, and cycle to work! I dont eat tonnes of crap and only eat home made meals (nothing out of a jar...my lodger has allergies and cant eat most premade sauces!) - but i am still heavier than id like to be! I did lose weight a yr or so ago, went down to a size 10, but the second i stopped eating crappy weight watcher meals it went back on! :( (im a 12-14)

Whats worse is a live with 3 people with high metabolisms!!!! My OH is the same height as me but a lot lighter. The lodger is taller but wieghs even less than my wirey hubby, and his GF is 5'2 and a size 6 to 8 (she really struggles to put wieght on and eats like a horse)

17. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

I have my own business I mostly run training courses but
    I have a condition that makes it difficult to move around - once I get going I am ok and Drym is trained to pull when I can't take another step, but I am not active enough to lose weight and I think that is the main problem - but I have a couch potato friend who is size 4 - 6 and all she eats is junk food, ready meals take aways and she struggles to put weight on - :) I really think a lot of my weight gain started when I stopped smoking 5 years ago before that I was always a size 12 - 14

What really gets to me is the amount of advertising for miracle weight loss products or diets that cost a fortune and don't work. I have been really gullible in the past but no more lol

18. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

This is something that has baffled me for some time - how is it some people can not do a lot and eat like a horse and still be really thin, it makes me wonder if being thin has anything to do with what we eat lol

19. 0nyxx

0nyxx PetForums VIP

Ive tried weight loss pills off ebay in the past which supposedly boost your metabolism, not sure if they did as I was dieting anyway, & didnt loose weight any faster.:confused:

Tried orlistat on prescription might help you loose weight but you cant wonder too far from a toilet when your on it:eek:

Tried Reductil which reduces your appetite, but means you need a bomb to make you go to the toilet!:eek:

Tried these years ago & wasnt impressed by any of them, currently on a low fat diet, eating lots of vegetables (which Im not a fan of) & fruit & cutting back on cakes, biscuits, crisps, bread & spuds, & have lost 23lbs in 5 weeks, havent been weighed yet this week so could be slightly more.

Been using olive oil in a measured amount ( 2 teaspoons) to make stir fry veg, or making soups, etc to get more veg in & it seems to be working, just not fast enough for me :D

Have gone down nearly 2 sizes in jeans & 2 sizes in tops & feel better in myself, but miss my creamed spuds & crisps lol:rolleyes:

20. Changes

Changes PetForums VIP

Wow that is inspirational :) are you just eating your own way or have you joined a group?

I am totally inspired by your success story, thank you x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice