Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Did you really choose!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by turkeylad, May 19, 2010.

?

Did you choose your dog!!!

Poll closed Jul 18, 2010.
  1. No way they chose me!!

38.2%
  2. Yes i researched it all!!!

29.4%
  3. No it was fate!!!

52.9%
  4. other!!!

23.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. turkeylad

turkeylad PetForums VIP

Did you really choose your dog or did they choose you - was it fate!!! What ways did you either choose you or you choose them.....????

2. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Chazz we researched cause we wanted to make sure we were getting the right dog for us. Once we had brought Chazz up and kinda knew what we were doing we then decided to get a rescue dog for a little play mate for Chazz, enter Missy. Again we kinda researched, we knew what we wanted to look for and through tons of help from people on here we found her. Took Chazz to meet her and she adored him! He was abit overwelmed, but we could tell that they would be good together.

Best descisions we have ever made!!

3. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

errm i ticked every option!

Billy was fate, but with alot of research and support from his breeder, so i did choose him, yet i didnt plan on him.

Miso, well i still think it was fate and that he chose me, via a photo on a rescue site. I did do research on the breed but wasnt actively looking when i spotted him and his brother. It didnt work with his brother but miso was meant to be here!

4. noogsy

noogsy PetForums VIP

hi i researched my dogs breed and ignored all the bad bits:rolleyes:
    what i didnt do was research the breeder better.
    that was a bad mistake:eek:

5. hawksport

hawksport Banned

Mine was chosen for me by his breeder. She knew what I wanted to do with him, she had spent many more hours than me watching their different characters develop and I trusted her judgement. We will do the same again this time.

6. rona

rona Guest

Mine was fate. Wanted a bitch about 6-12 months and ended up with a dog of 20 months

7. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

Cromwell - phone call from work asking if I could take an abuse case cos he needed a none dog/non male/non kids/non cats...non-nothing actually, home so he could be assessed because they suspected he would be too agressive to rehome after the case closed. Turned out he was agressive but he stayed anyway..nearly 15 years on he's still with me!! So guess that's fate!

Tiz - again abuse case, came to be assessed...stayed!! Fate again!!!

Sidney - went into local rescue kennels to help out...saw litter of puppies and knew Sidney was MINE ALL MINE!!!!! :lol: So I chose him!!!

Cooper - failed foster so fate decided he was to be my foster dog!!! (And the woman at the rescue who just knew which dogs I'd fall in love with!!)

Sumo - failed foster again fate because I wasn't supposed to foster him but we ran out of kennel space!!

Norris - definatley fate!! I saw him the day after he was born at the local puppy farm, told the breeder if he didn't sell I'd find him a rescue place. Something told me he wouldn't sell!!! 6 months on he still hadn't sold him and finally agreed to sign him over to rescue!! He got no interest at the rescue, I started walking him with my pack and the rest is history!! :lol:

Mum2Alfie likes this.
  8. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Bob was fate. I'd wanted another dog for years but Mark always said 'no' because he didn't think the time was right. He went fishing on Cromer Pier one night last June & there was a chap fishing there with a dog. Mark went over to say hello to the dog & the chap said he had to 'get rid of him' as they had 2 children & couldn't cope with him. So Mark said 'you better come home with me then'. Bob has been here ever since:)

9. tafwoc

tafwoc PetForums VIP

My first dog sophie i guess was a mix of fate, i went up to the pound, and my mum picked her out. My second again was from the pound, but she was totally fate, i went to reserve a puppy that i had seen a couple of weeks before, but when i got there i was told they couldn't be reserved for another week, and there was this little brindle pup sitting shivering by the bars, with big doe eyes, and i KNEW she was the one for me. With Lotty i used to just look on battersea's website, and thats where i came across her :)

10. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Got all mine through a pet website and decided on which picture I liked. Oddly enough the best personalitys for me all turned out to be the pictures I had originally picked!:)

11. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

I am loving reading everyones stories!! :thumbup:

Keep em coming they are so lovely to read!!!

12. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Definately fate :thumbup:
    I was at a v low ebb and knew another dog would get me thro it but OH didnt want one. Tried to manage without but wasnt happening so started to look on the net. Immediately felt a purpose to life.
    Realised a smaller dog would be more suitable and started to look for terriers. Apprehensive because I had a young grandaughter.

Found a couple of litters and went to look. Took grandaughter. She sat on a chair when we looked at the first litter. As she dangled her fingers over the side, Heidi sat on her bum and pawed the air towards her fingers;). Looked at the second litter, nearly bought one but it didnt feel right so I went home with nothing.

That eve I was miserable:(, OH told me to go and get the pup I had been talking about all night. Rang and thankfully she was still there. People had been to collect her siblings and I was worried they would want Heidi - they did but couldnt leave their first choice behind.

That was a year ago last Sunday and now I am back on my feet again, forever indebted to my little angel Heidi.:D

13. flufffluff39

flufffluff39 PetForums VIP

My first pup was the most confident out of the litter I was choosing. Thats why I chose him :)

14. jessiegirl

jessiegirl PetForums Senior

i chose jessie.

the breeder brought all the puppies in 1 room ,she had boys and girls with black patches and boys and girls with brown patches...and i wanted a girl with brown...and there was only 1 left so i took her:D

15. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

I ticked no they chose me, well it was in the case of the dogs we had anyway.
    Mika came right over, leaned against my legs, sighed looking up at me & that was it, love at first sight.:D
    Brandy, again, came running over, (she was a bit more excitable than Mika before her), grabbed my hand & tried to lead me out of her pen, so that was it, she was mine. Both were rescue dogs. Border Collie/ Spaniel & whatever crosses. Both lived to ripe old ages too.

16. turkeylad

turkeylad PetForums VIP

Some Great Stories!!!! Keep Voting!:thumbup:

17. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Fate/chose me. I wanted a dog went around the rescue centres and they were all closed went to the pet shop to get some puppy basics and the woman mentioned a terrier mix puppy that needed a good home because his sister was beating him up. Went to the house and he was sitting in the front garden he came right over for a fuss no fear or anything. We spent 20 minutes being questioned by the breeder while he played on the floor with her young grandson and then took him straight home.

18. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Sky was fate and Luna turned up out of nowhere :rolleyes:

19. Terrier Fan

Terrier Fan PetForums VIP

Sophie- I picked her at less than 24hrs old. The other pups were being docked and i wanted her to keep her tail :) There were two females in the litter, Soph was smaller than her sister and i picked her because of her markings

Tilly- I hunted for months to find an un-docked JRT, I must have phoned 20 or more breeders before i found her. She was the last one in the litter and aged 10wks.
    As soon as i saw her i had to have her :001_wub:

Louie- I was looking through the classified ads, I was looking for a male JRT and came across an ad for Yorkie X's. There was one puppy that stood out in the picture. We arranged to go and look at him a couple of days later. It was love at first sight :001_tt1:

Toby- It was fate. An old school friend contacted me via facebook for some advice on her new puppy as she was struggling. Things seemed to get better until i received an email telling me she couldn't cope and would i be interested in giving him a home. I hadn't planned on getting another dog until Louie was older but something told me that she contacted me for a reason. He came for a day visit and never left :D

20. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

Ollie was fate. When I went to view the litter, he was the only one left available, so we got him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice