Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Did you 'feel it' before something bad happened?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gem16, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

Like a feeling in your gut that something bad was going to happen that day?
    I have had it several times where i can't really put my finger on it but i have an uneasy feeling.
    I remember when i was about 13 i had a job at a local riding stables which i LOVED but this one morning before work i was 50/50 about weather i should go or not, i felt really weird and anxious but for no reason so i went anyway.
    That day when i was riding a horse bolted with me,slammed me into a wall and then trambled all over me, kicking me in the face. Result was me being rushed to hospital covered in blood with teeth missing and hoof print bruises all over my body :D i always look back on that day and wonder if something was telling me i shouldn't have gone... :eek:

Another time i went for an evening riding lesson and when i was getting a horse ready i just felt very worried like something wasn't right, but too embarussed to tell my instructor that ( she was very strict ) i pretended i felt ill and went home without riding, the week after i found out that same horse was ridden by someone else instead of me and suddenly went down on his rider because he expectantly went lame, that would have been me if i hadn't of left!

I have only have had that feeling once more before riding and i rang the place and said i wasn't coming in because i did not want to risk anything happening. Anyway i am probably totally paranoid but when things like that happen often it makes you wonder..
    I also remember when i was 14/15 i had a bf who had just moved to london, i woke up one day feeling nauseous and sick to my stomach for no reason what so ever, just very worried, then an hour later i got a phonecall saying he had been shot. :eek: it scares me!

I remember reading about women who were attacked and apparently 99% of the time the woman knows something is wrong before she even gets into the situation or will have a bad feeling about a certain person but we have been taught not to be silly or rude and ignore our gut feelings on stuff, there is an interesting book i can't remember the name but it said as mammals we have that instinct in us to know when something isn't right but we haven't learnt to use it as well as most animals do!

So have you ever just 'known' when something was wrong or going to happen??

2. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

yep had that feeling like im going to get bad news and nomal i do like a year ageo i was watching tv and my little sister was at a party i just felt really worried all of a sudden then got a call her friend had dumped her out side a food place and she was drunk and thoughing up blood i was like i know somthing was wrong but not what at the time she was ok though now if i feel like that its get out the phone call sister to be sure there ok lol

3. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Yeah im pretty freaky like that i knew something had happened to my mom before i was told i was at work all day and kept telling a friend i knew something bad had happened i just didnt know what and at 10pm the police knocked on the door to deliver the bad news.

Ive been feeling really, really anxious for the past two weeks and its putting me really on edge because i dont know what coming!

4. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Not really surprisingly. I normally jinx myself a bit, like 'ooh I've not fallen off a horse yet' BOOM I fall off that afternoon kind of a thing :p

5. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I do think we have some unconscious process of knowing the future but not like psychics. I don't really believe psychics, but there is a lot of the brain that we don't know what it does.

6. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

Yeah I do, I get a bad feeling about stuff. I didn't sleep last night and felt really wound up for no apparent reason and today was just THE WORST day at work. I've still got this sense of foreboding too...

7. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I've only had it happen a couple of times. But the one that really stands out was when my dad was seriously ill in hospital. He'd been in a few days and we'd worked out a rota of who would visit and when. But I woke up one morning knowing I HAD to go. So I went first thing in the morning and they let me in and I stayed with him all day, even after the later visitors had gone.
    I'd never been really close to my dad, and cos he was in a sort of coma, I poured out my heart to him and told him all the things I'd never been able to say. I was holding his hand when he died.
    To this day I can't explain how I KNEW I had to be there. But I'm glad I listened to that 'whatever' and went.

8. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

I had this during my sisters first pregnancy all the way throughout. Somehow I wasn't suprised when my mom called to say they couldn't find the babies heartbeat at 41 weeks. Went up to comfort my mom even though it took hours to hear anything because I was already expecting the worst. When we found out for sure the breath did get knocked out of me though. It was weird, like it was expected but seemed to cruel to be true. I also knew my grandma was going to die soon the second she broke her hip. She had a heart attack during her surgery and things just added up until she let go finally. It's weird how we get a strange sense of forboding.

9. Patterdale_lover

Patterdale_lover PetForums VIP

I do that

I get funny feelings all days and I panic and want to go either go home or go where i feel the source of the trouble is. I've never been wrong either.

Maybe its just animal instinct.

10. canuckjill

canuckjill PetForums VIP

yep......................

11. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Only time I can think of, was when me and OH were out in the car.... doing a little bit over the limit and suddenly a police car flashed into my head.
    I said 'pigs!' :eek: he braked and round the next bend was a police car. Lucky :lol:

12. Carla-Jade

Carla-Jade PetForums VIP

yeah get that so does my mother, she is always spot on, she has nver ever been wrong. its odd

13. SophieCyde

SophieCyde PetForums VIP

only once , I was at the cinema and I suddenly though I needed to go home ... I ignored it and when I got in misty my gerbil had died :( I also think if I had left maybe I could of saved her :(

14. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

My friend predicted her own death... well sort of.
    She wrote in her diary the night before she was killed in a horse riding accident- "I feel like something big is going to happen tomorrow, I'm not sure what, but I have a huge sense of doom"

Friday 13th February 2004 she was killed in a freak riding accident

15. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

the night my great grandma died, I remember waking up at about 3 or 4am. I was sat bolt upright when I woke up and all I remember was hearing something in my head saying "she's gone". The next morning, her home help/friend came round to tell us she'd passed away in the night.

The day my old dog died, I was going to work for my evening shift and I realised i'd left my locker key upstairs. I remember looking at Buster and thinking "shall I have a minute with him or shall I go and get my keys?" ...I decided to sit and cuddle Buster for a little while & left for work without my key (I was running late). When I finished work, my mum picked me up and explained to me that Buster had collapsed and died whilst I was out - my shift was only 2 hours long.

I also knew when my old budgie had died. I hadn't been near the cage or even into the room he was in but I just knew.

I'm sure there's a few more but I can't think at the moment :eek:

16. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

wow !!! thats freaky !!! :eek:

17. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Sometimes I knew my granny was dead before I was told. I certainly don't think I'm psychic though

18. Thorne

Thorne PetForums VIP

I get it a lot, I remember going through a phase when I was about 12-14 where it seemed to happen almost every day, very spooky!

A couple of weeks ago I was in my room and heard a car revving up (seems to happen all day and all night on campus) but had "there's going to be an accident" flash through my head, with a cold chill and a moment of genuine fear. A few seconds later I heard the car pull away then a bang - the driver had pulled out onto the main road without paying attention and hit a van. No fatalities thank goodness but someone had to be cut free and all were taken to hospital, very scary.
    Had a really, really horrible moment on saturday while walking on campus. I normally feel perfectly safe because there's always a security patrol or a hall warden nearby but I felt a real sense of dread and vulnerability and felt that something bad would happen if I stayed out. Nothing came of it but part of me is curious as to whether something would have happened if i hadn't turned back.

I'm another member of the "predicting falling off a horse" club and woke up one morning with a bad feeling and butterflies; had my first fall a couple of hours later!

Also had a feeling that "everything" was going to go wrong with a recent train journey as soon as I'd booked it. Outward journey was fine but there were delays every step of the return, doubling my originally 5.5 hr journey, but then again this is British Rail we're talking about :rolleyes:

19. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Yep :rolleyes: all the time.

The worst thus far was when my bracelet my mum had bought me fell off (she'd had it specially made because my wrists are too small for normal ones so it was super special). This time I couldn't find it and I phoned her and said mum this is it (she had cancer but was in remission); less than 12 hours later....:eek:

:lol: Little ray of sunshine aren't I :rolleyes: Sorry :lol:

Em
    xx

20. paşa's mummy

paşa's mummy PetForums Member

it happens to me quite often, i also knew something bad was goning to happen and fell off for the first time, was knocked unconcious and woke up to find basil< my neddy stood over me licking my face. ive had it the feeling with both car crashes ive been in, i have dreams which come true which freaks me if i have a particulary horrible one :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice