Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

diarrhea help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Louise Marsh, May 1, 2011.

1. Louise Marsh

Louise Marsh PetForums Member

I have a disabled cat and he has been having a LOT of diarrhea, The vet suggested stopping food for 24hrs to which I have tried but it has not worked. Does anyone know of a tablet or suspention that could help? I have even had to buy him a special nappy from dog-nappy.co.uk as he can't go outside.

Please any advice,

Lou x

2. catzz

catzz PetForums Senior

When one of mine had it, I took her to the vet who gave her some antibiotics. She also had RC sensitive for dodgy tummies. I'm not sure which it was that cleared it up but it was gone within 48hrs. People also recommend chicken and rice.

3. Louise Marsh

Louise Marsh PetForums Member

Thank you catzz, I have put him on some chicken and rice and he is booked in with the vet on Tuesday, hopefully he will be abit better by then or the vet is gonna get messy :eek:

4. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

Poor kitty, how long has it been going on? How old is he? Might be worth asking about stool samples and blood tests if it's an ongoing problem?

5. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

I dont know if its still done but our vet used to suggest a bit of scrambled egg, this was about 20 yrs ago when our old cat had a bit of gastro enteritus

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice