Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Diarrhea & Bland diet - Cat not eating

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by HazzaGrazza, Feb 25, 2021.

1. HazzaGrazza

HazzaGrazza PetForums Junior

Hi,

My 7 month old Nola has diarrhea, starting on Sunday. She's never had stomach issues before, so not sure of the reason. We did move her over to Canagan wet wood a few weeks back, but she's been solely on Canagan for two weeks now and this is the first she's had diarrhea.

Losse stools continues on Monday, she was pooping normally again on Tuesday, but yesterday, the loose stools had returned and she wasn't eating.

I took her to the vets who couldn't really find anything wrong, so prescribed probiotics and a bland diet of boiled chicken for a few days.

We returned from the vets midday yesterday and I boiled up some chicken breast and gave her some with the broth and she lapped it up. I gave her some more yesterday evening and she ate a little bit, but not all of it. This morning, she didn't touch it at all.

She also hasn't been for a number 2 since yesterday morning.

What shall I do if she continues to not eat? As far as I can tell she is still drinking and is playing around and being her usual self.

2. Kirstd78

Kirstd78 PetForums Member

I'm no expert but I would probably offer a little more of the chicken breast later this afternoon and then maybe some poached white fish tonight if you have any? Cats are fickle things and she may just not fancy the chicken? If she is still lively and playing and drinking and weeing I wouldn't panic just yet, just keep an eye on her for the rest of the day?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice