Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Diagnosed Cornifying Epitheliomas

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Spedley, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Spedley

Spedley PetForums Newbie

Hi, I couldn't find out what these lumps were from photos on the internet so I thought I'd share the vets diagnosis here.
    The vet pointed us to Cornifying Epitheliomas, although I'm not 100% but they match the description.

Here is a brief description of the dog ...
    They appeared on a 26 month old Labrador/Retriever cross with the poor eyesight problem (cataracts). He was castrated early at 6 months owing to an un-descended testicle. He occasionally has fits (5 per year), not diagnosed but always whilst waking from sleep.

He has 4 lumps, all appeared within a week of each other and non since. Probably coincidence but the first lump appeared about 5 days after I fed him Senior dog food for 12 days when I ordered it by mistake!

The first and largest of the 4 lumps is on his lip and it has been there approximately 6 weeks. There is one on his snout and one on his belly. The smallest (no photo) is behind his ear and very small.
    IMG_20180701_172425220.jpg IMG_20180701_172413299.jpg IMG_20180701_172341552.jpg IMG_20180701_172318237.jpg

2. Moocow35

Moocow35 PetForums Newbie

What is the vet doing for these? Have they grown? My baby has something similar, went from 1/2 cm to almost 1cm in 4 months.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice