Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Deworming guide

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by DanW88, May 18, 2017.

1. DanW88

DanW88 PetForums Member

Hey everyone, just looking in some guidelines as far as deworming both Momma's and all 5 kittens. One kitten is a couple days shy of 3 weeks and the other four are a day over a week old.

2. cows573

cows573 PetForums Senior

My vet's recommendation was very much varied, but given you have no history, I would do both mums, and baby one, kittens from foster 2 once they are two weeks old, five and eight weeks ....

3. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

4. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Panacur is fine for mum and the older kitten - it's messy to give and you have to dose the kittens over a three day period. I think 3 weeks is the youngest age you can use it but the instructions give clear information on age and dosage. I find the paste better to use than the liquid

chillminx likes this.
  5. QOTN

QOTN PetForums VIP

I always used to use Panacur granules. Don't they make them any longer? I tried the syringe once but felt that the wall did not really need a dose of wormer so it was wasted. I suppose Panacur may not be available in US?

6. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Ah, forgot that @DanW88 is not in the UK
    It's often my table cloth that gets a dose of wormer :oops: You can still get the granules - I haven't tried them before, might have to have a look if they're easier to use

7. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

lymorelynn likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice