Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Devastated

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Mirandamimi, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Mirandamimi

Mirandamimi PetForums Newbie

A9F8C0CF-1A45-4778-A5A1-C4B34ACAF233.jpeg I am completely heartbroken, my beautiful Frankie was put to sleep 5 days ago at 14 and a half years old. The house is empty, I can’t move his bed, his food, his medicines. I can’t even hoover the house as I don’t want to get rid of his fur on the carpet. I keep watching his cat door, looking for his face, waiting to hear him come through it. I dread going home now. My beautiful boy was by my side through a tough divorce and then my son leaving home. He was my one constant and my heart is broken, the tears won’t stop, I miss him so much it hurts me.

Libby Kerman likes this.
  2. Polly G

Polly G PetForums VIP

So sorry that you have lost your beautiful Frankie. He was obviously a huge part.of your life and your pain must be immense. Thinking of you tonight xx

3. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Im so sorry to hear this. He was a beautiful boy.

4. Mirandamimi

Mirandamimi PetForums Newbie

It’s been 4 weeks since I lost Frankie and I’m still crying, I haven’t been strong enough to move his bed and give away his food or treats. Is this normal? I’m hoping it will get better, it still hurts me so much

5. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

:( Yes , its normal . I still have belongings of my old pets , collars and toys. The pain will ease in time.

6. Bugsys grandma

Bugsys grandma PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Yes all that you are feeling is totally normal. People grieve differently, there is no right or wrong way to feel and there's no time line saying that "by this time you should be doing this and by this time you shoul be doing that" . Grief is a very personal journey.
    It will get better, I can promise you that. How long that will take,I've no idea.
    Like @kimthecat ,I still have things from pets I lost many years ago, I have little memory boxes for them.
    I've kept things like their first and last collars, favourite toy, their name tags etc. And in each there is a little notebook that I used when they first passed away to record little things about them, things that I was afraid over time I might forget, and in those notebooks Ive also written down some of my feelings, things that perhaps I couldn't say to anyone else, for fear perhaps of sounding like a total nut job! ;)
    In time you will look back over some of the silly, funny, cute things that Frankie used to do and you will smile and laugh at those memories, they will become happy memories.
    It is still very early days for you. Take each day as it comes.
    look after yourself. I wish you all the best. :)

7. ttaylor45

ttaylor45 PetForums Member

I lost Rusty nearly 11 months ago and Pepe nearly 5 months ago and I still miss them terribly. I must admit I gave away all their things straight away except a collar harness and lead plus their favourite toy for each of them. I knew if I got any more dogs I wouldn’t want to use any of their things. When I lost Rusty I had Pepe for a further 6 months but couldn’t bring myself to use any of Rusty’s things on him which I still had at the time.

8. Veronica Chapman

Veronica Chapman PetForums Member

So sorry for your loss Mirandamimi, please take care of yourself :Yawn

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice