Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Devastated

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Me12345, Sep 12, 2018.

1. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

I am sorry you lost your furbaby in such circumstances. I can only echo what other people have said. Talk to the vet. I would also have a word with citizens advice to see if there is any other avenues you can go down. I wouldn’t pay for the euthanasia, as you didn’t authorise it.but please check with citizens advice. Surely the vet must have cctv so you can see who took your cat in there. I would have thought the vet would have made whoever took your cat in pay for the euthanasia. I would also be seeking compensation from the vet, have a word with the practice manager. You have proof that your cat was being treated. I hope you get some resolution.

Viv xx

Me12345 and Sacremist like this.
  2. Sacremist

Sacremist Mum to 2 cats and a dog

I would ask Citizens Advice too. You quite possibly could take out a civil action, but that would cost and if you lost would have to pay for those costs yourself. Of course, a solicitor would only take it on if there was proof, which is why you need to speak to the vet.

Me12345 likes this.
  3. Me12345

Me12345 PetForums Newbie

I will definitely look into that, losing money is probably the only thing that would upset someone like him, not that any amount of money could replace our little tinker

4. Sacremist

Sacremist Mum to 2 cats and a dog

Nothing can ever make up for losing a loved one.

Me12345 likes this.
  5. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

a direct question but have you been and spoken to the Vet yet??? Until you’ve done that I can’t see how you can take this case any further.

Calvine and Sacremist like this.
  6. Me12345

Me12345 PetForums Newbie

I'm going in there tomorrow with my mum.we were too upset before

white_shadow and Soozi like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice