Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

DEVASTATED!!! :sad:

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by lucysnewmum, Apr 1, 2011.

1. lucysnewmum

lucysnewmum PetForums Senior

many of you who have come to know me know how much my lovely chocolate lab Lucy means to me.

i have been battling with my health for over two years now and it was with great sadness that i have been forced to rehome her due to being unable to give her the exercise and attention she needs.

i found her a lovely family, not too far away from me, who are more than happy to allow me to visit now and again. she has the company of a stunning jack russel called Alfie who she absolutely adores (and shares her basket with).

not only have a found a superb new family for Lucy i have also gained some great new friends but i really miss her and her sloppy cuddles.

i know i have made the right decision for Lucy as she is losing the excess weight she had gained from lack of exercise and is bright, tail wagging, and full of beans.

i can honestly say that rehoming her is one of the most difficult decisions i have had to make but sometimes you just have to do what is right for the dog and put your emotions to one side. right?

2. chestersmum

chestersmum PetForums Senior

You are very brave making that decision which I'm sure you know in your heart is the right one for your dog

I hope you start to feel better soon x

3. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

:( It's the most unselfish thing you can do in that position hen :(

I'm so sorry for you though

Big hugs

Em
    xx

4. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

Only you know your own personal circumstances it's not up to anyone to judge you. It's a difficult thing to do and you have put your dogs needs first.

It seems you have found Lucy a lovely new home and a playmate :D

Hope you can see her now and then and it isn't too upsetting for you.

Wishing you well too x

5. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

Hey,

I said this on another post but right now its very true for you
    "If you love them enough, you let them go."

Its a sayign that i have heard over the years and it fits here.

You loved lucy so much that you knew you had to let her go to a family that could give her what at the present you can't and that is the best gift you can give her. she will always know how much you loved her.

xx

6. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

I have shed a tear over this my heart goes out to you such a brave unselfish thing to do.Suexxx

7. BenMac

BenMac PetForums Senior

Exactly.
    Nothing in life is a certainty...things happen and events can change the pattern of your life as you know it.

You've done right by Lucy and yourself, so let that be a measure of comfort to you.

8. Helbo

Helbo PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry that your circumstances have meant that the kindest thing for your dog was to go to a new home.

I can't imagine how you're feeling. If it were me I'd find it too painful to visit, for myself and just incase it was for the dog too. You must be a strong person.

But you did the right thing for Lucy.

9. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

I cant imagine how difficult that decision must have been for you and how you must feel but one in which you did for the benefit of your dog in the long term. It is far to easy to judge a person sometimes when you havent been in or experienced their situation. Great that you managed to find a new loving home and that you can go and see him and have updates.

10. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Just goes to show how much you love her.

It's lovely to hear what a wonderful home you've found for your girl and how happy and healthy she is.

Well done to you for putting your feelings aside.
    Fantastic that you can still have contact whenever you want.

Hard tho it is, it must make you happy to have achieved so much for her.

(((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))

11. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

i think it proves how much you love her, You love her enough to realise she is happier somewhere else its the most unselfish thing you can do for her massive hugss xx

12. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

I cant imagine how hard this must have been for you:( I think you did a great thing, true love is puttng the ones we love before us...and that is exactly what you did!:)

13. I am a firm beliver that sometimes, just sometimes, we have to do what is best for the dog. Sending yo a hug (((((lucymum)))))) may Lucy live a long and happy life.
    DT
    xxxx

14. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry to hear that it must have been such a hard decision. But you did the best thing for her I don't see why anyone would criticise you and she has a great new home

15. lucysnewmum

lucysnewmum PetForums Senior

thank you all so much for your kind words. here is a file with the pictures of Lucy with her new boyfriend Alfie that i received today.
    :D

lucy and alfie snuggling.jpg

lucy and alfie on the field.jpg

whats all this then.jpg

16. billie jo

billie jo PetForums Member

Aww sweetheart how brave you are. That took some courage, hats off to you x

17. Jonesey

Jonesey PetForums VIP

You sent her with love and I'm sure she'll enrich their lives as she did yours.

18. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I admire you for being able to make such a difficult decision and put Lucys needs first. It's good you can see her and have made sure she has a good loving home, and a boyfriend too!
    You did what you felt was right under your circumstances, no body should ever judge or critisise you for doing the best thing for your dog.
    ((((Big hugs coming your way))))

19. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

It must have been an awful decision for you to make and I'm full of admiration for you for putting Lucy's needs before your own feelings - you are the epitome of a true pet lover. I can only imagine how your heart must be aching at the moment - sending hugs and best wishes (((((((())))))))

20. shells

shells PetForums VIP

big (((((hugs))))) what you have done is the hardest thing in the world for you i take my hat of to you hun as you have put your own feelings aside and have done what is best for the dog im so glad you have managed to find her a good home a freind and a freind for yourself i really hope you feel better soon xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice