Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dettol cleaner

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Gem16, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

I remember seeing someone talk about it on here before but i can't remember if it was not to use it round cats, or only to use that 1 :eek:
    I have a little sicky mess to clean up on my wooden floor, i have paper towels and dettol, because we run out of our usual wipes.

2. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

I don't think it is safe...anything hat goes cloudy in water is a danger. However, I am sure if you rinse and rinse again you can remove any residue if you have already used it.;)

3. Gem16

Gem16 PetForums VIP

Thanks paddy, i have gone over it a few times with water and to be honest i only used a tiny bit, i just needed something a bit more powerful to scrub it with cause water alone wasn't doing the trick :D
    Just out of curiosity do you know which 1 is best? it's so hard to tell cause they never put 'don't use around animals' on any of them :rolleyes::

4. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I was recommended Milton - the stuff you steralise baby bottles in - as a good alternative to bleach or disinfectant. It leaves almost no smell. I have tried it and had no adverse effects.

5. Abster21

Abster21 PetForums Junior

We use one we got from pets at home - it's purple, can't think what it's called now though.

6. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

Thank you so much!!! My brain was squeezing and twisting trying to remember this name! I was nearly buying the Italian equivalent as it was the only one I could remember the name! Oh, what a relief! Pheeww!

I usually check the chemicals in this site My Pets Pages - Your Pet's Home On The Internet - Create a free pet website and I personally wouldn't use anything with glutaraldehyde as I find it too irritant.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice