Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Desperate

Discussion in 'Cat Rescue and Adoption' started by Teapotty, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Teapotty

Teapotty PetForums Newbie

Hi, I have come here asking for advice, if there is any

My daughter had to leave her home and husband and is with us at the moment while she sorts herself out. In his nastiness, he still lives in the house, her husband has come and dumped the cats on us saying that they are my daughter's cats and not his. Well we have two dogs, one of which thinks cats are for eating so we have had to put the cats in the shed whilst daughter finds the cats a home.

It's awful, the cats are becoming withdrawn and I cannot let the dogs in the garden because the one that doesn't like cats just stands at the shed door barking and terrorising the cats inside. One of them has tried digging a hole at the bottom of the door he is so desperate to get out. We have tried so many different phone numbers, with everyone passing a number on to us after telling us they cannot help. I have a couple of numbers to call but they are either permanently engaged or not answered.

I am finding this so upsetting keeping the cats like this but just don't know what else to do

2. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

Hi, where abouts are you?

3. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Yes where abouts are you ?

4. Teapotty

South Wales, North of Swansea. Poor things are still stuck in my shed. The people I do actually manage to get hold of, say they cannot take any more in because there are so many kittens around at the moment

5. kateaitken07

kateaitken07 PetForums Junior

I would have them in a heartbeat but your too far from me and i dont drive :(

6. kateaitken07

kateaitken07 PetForums Junior

Just checked and its a 3 hour drive!

7. Teapotty

Aw Kate, bless you for even considering it.

8. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Yes i would to but i'm in West Sussex :( x it's 4 hours and 50 mins away:(

#8 Midnight, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  9. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

#9 Janee, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  10. Teapotty

Thanks, will try Catwell now. Cats protection league in Swansea, say we are not from their area and that we come under Carmarthen, so don't imagine that the one in Cardiff will say anything different.

11. kath123

kath123 Guest

Try these numbers

Cats protection in bridgend 01656 724396

or

Maws 01656 653456 (who are a rescue centre)

I know your not in there area but is closer than cardiff. xxx

12. animalmad2

animalmad2 PetForums Newbie

I too would love to help out but live just too far away from you .
    Have you tried Manytears ,or maybe Bristol and wales cat rescue?.
    I really hope you can get something sorted out soon.

13. Teapotty

Kath, bless you, the lady at the second number you sugested let us take the cats there this afternoon. She was not really surprised that there were lots of abandoned cats at the moment as people were not taking them on because of holidays. She didn't think that they would be around for long as they are nice looking cats, neutered and less than a year old. The place was really quite nice, I don't know what I was expecting but was very pleased.

Animalmad, yes I have tried and tried and tried to get in touch with Many Tears. They just don't pick up their phone during the day and the chap that I got hold of in the evening said that I had to phone back in the daytime, ha!!!

Thanks all for your suggestions. I am feeling so relieved for the poor little cats and hope they have a wonderful life with new family/families very soon.

Now I can go and let my dogs out in the garden properly, without one of them trying to get into the shed and have supper

14. dipdog

dipdog PetForums VIP

im glad things have worked out for you, bet the dogs are happy to have the garden back....

15. animalmad2

animalmad2 PetForums Newbie

Hi That's good news so glad you are now sorted out and have found a place for the cats to go ,sorry you had a problem with my suggestion i hope life sorts itself out now for your family all the best .

16. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

let the cats and dogs meet on neutral ground, most likely the cat will scratch the dogs noes and they'll leave each other alone from then on. or get an animal behaviorist. The best people to contact are your friends and family and see if they can look after them til shes sorted, he sounds like a right p***k!!! ...or go to the house when hes out and change all the locks :eek:

17. Teapotty

Gosh, I would have been too afraid that one of the dogs would have lost an eye in the battle. Family, well apart from my daughter, they are all down in Cornwall or Essex. Friends, believe me, we did try but was a no go. She now has a house she is hoping to move into next week, very quickly arranged but no pets allowed. There is no back garden anyway, just a small yard at back of the house. Things are never easy.

Once again, I would like to express my gratitude at your concern and interest for these poor kitties. I am going to phone the lady at the rescue place in another week to see if they have new homes yet.

18. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

I really hope the poor little mites find a loving forever home :( after all its not their fault :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice