Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Derren Brown tonight.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SandyR, Nov 9, 2012.

1. SandyR

SandyR PetForums Senior

I'm watching Derren Brown and its been filmed in my lovely pub the countryman which I met my husband in 11 years ago.

Now they say its this blokes local but I can tell you now I've never seen him ever and the wall behind him was a fake. The barman was an actor so would he not of wondered why a wall was behind him and he knew no one in there even though we are all the same bunch that drink there for years and hardly any new people come in maybe one or two but not a whole pub full.

I think it's a fake!

2. shetlandlover

shetlandlover PetForums VIP

I think even if the episode is fake the actual results that some people given placebo's show progress. I enjoyed this program but I always do enjoy Darren Browns programs.

3. skip

skip PetForums VIP

I must admit I find his programmes interesting, the placebo effect does work, I've given orange tic tacs to my grand daughter before to cure the pain in her leg when she fell over and she said the pain stopped :D

4. SandyR

SandyR PetForums Senior

They do say placebos work.

The mind is a complicated thing. I know in reverse I can be quite a hypacondract (is that how you spell it) and I can convince myself I'm dying in seconds. I'm sure a placebo would fool me lol

5. seanmac

seanmac PetForums Senior

Its true i seen people take painkillers and there headache instantly go.

Placebos play a massive part in our lifes

6. shetlandlover

shetlandlover PetForums VIP

What I found interesting was those with weaker confidence were easy to manipulate with the placebo were as those with more confidence found it not to work. (ie/ the singer herself was quite confident in everything but her singing)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice