Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Derren Brown: Apocolypse

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Blade, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Blade

Blade PetForums Junior

Whats everyones views on this?

Sat here watching it now I really don't know what to think!

2. chichi

chichi Banned

Couldnt watch it.......not my idea of entertainment.......left the family watching it whilst I slid off for a PF nosey:)

3. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

I have got a real problem with that programme. Thinly disguised as something that is supposedly making him into a better person when really it is just about "good television".

4. RabbitMonster

RabbitMonster Banned

I've just finishing watching the first one and my mind is blown. Just waiting for the second to be uploaded, which I'm sure will blow my mind even more!

5. Blade

Blade PetForums Junior

I agree, this is what I mean when I say I really do not know what to think, It seems completely pointless and just another scheme for fame and fortune!

6. Luz

Luz PetForums VIP

It would be my worst nightmare if he did it to me. OH loves anything apocalyptic or zombie, hence we are watching walking dead and recording Derren Brown's Apocalypse!

7. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I haven't seen the 2nd one, but I don't think he will change. He is a spoilt brat!

8. LittlePaws AnimalRescue

LittlePaws AnimalRescue PetForums Senior

I thought I would really enjoy it, until someone told me it was all fake....the guy in it is an actor (on some actor-y websites) and so it's all just acted out.
    You can tell as well because he never looks proper scared at all, if I was surrounded by zombies I would be terrified!

9. RabbitMonster

RabbitMonster Banned

Thanks for spoiling it for those of us who haven't watched it...

10. LittlePaws AnimalRescue

LittlePaws AnimalRescue PetForums Senior

How have I spolied it??
    I was watching the 1st half when I got told who he was....and I could tell anyway.

11. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

His reactions imo were not strong enough ...u wud be a wreck and he wasn't ....

12. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

I enjoyed it, it was entertainment. if it was real people did apply for it so kinda expected something to happen and if it was fake then it was just another show :001_smile:

If it was me though, being a bit of a walking dead geek I would of been looking for weapons and trying to stab/shoot the infected people through the head :eek: so could of been a bit dangerous :lol:

13. ginge2804

ginge2804 PetForums VIP

Because some people may not have been able to tell it was fake and enjoyed thinking it was real, which you have now just told them it isnt.

I havn't seen them, but wanted to, I love anything zombish etc!

14. Holtie

Holtie PetForums VIP

He really annoyed me and so did his Mum - for letting him be like this! - makes you wonder why!! :rolleyes: I came on PF whilst OH watched it! :D

15. RabbitMonster

RabbitMonster Banned

I couldn't tell, I thought it was real in that the guy that was the one being tested actually didn't have a clue what was going on. So now it's ruined the end for me with you having said the whole thing was fake, including him. So thanks a bunch for that.

16. Luz

Luz PetForums VIP

My OH said that the guy had had a small acting role in something but had applied for the show like eveyone else. (If you were an actor it would be good exposure) This didn't make it fake. I could be wrong but I would have thought DB has more talent and credibility than to just put an actor in rather than hypnotise someone.

17. RabbitMonster

RabbitMonster Banned

I'm confused now then, was the main guy that was being tested an actor while the show was going on or was he an actor who had no clue what was happening? :blink:

18. ameliajane

ameliajane PetForums VIP

Derren Brown has put out a video of an interview with the guy who appears in Apocalypse and the actor people are accusing him of being. It appears they are different people.

The guy featured in Apocalpse says he did try to set up a profile as an actor because he thought it would be something he could do but says he is not actually an actor and never had any acting jobs.

I find most of the stuff Derren Brown does fascinating but i found Apocalypse quite distressing to watch. I just had to watch little snippets of it!

I hope it wasn't fake and i wouldn't have though Derren woud risk his reputation.

#18 ameliajane, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  19. Blade

Blade PetForums Junior

From what I have read in the newspaper, Derren has come out and said 100% that it was not acted, I hope this is true.

20. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

Of course people are going to say its fake, Derren Brown works on mindf*****g people, I don't think he would fake it because he likes to be in control and I think he has a certain integrity and it wouldn't satisfy him to fake the show

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice