UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
I've just finishing watching the first one and my mind is blown. Just waiting for the second to be uploaded, which I'm sure will blow my mind even more!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, this is what I mean when I say I really do not know what to think, It seems completely pointless and just another scheme for fame and fortune!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
It would be my worst nightmare if he did it to me. OH loves anything apocalyptic or zombie, hence we are watching walking dead and recording Derren Brown's Apocalypse!

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
I thought I would really enjoy it, until someone told me it was all fake....the guy in it is an actor (on some actor-y websites) and so it's all just acted out.
You can tell as well because he never looks proper scared at all, if I was surrounded by zombies I would be terrified!
Thanks for spoiling it for those of us who haven't watched it...

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
I enjoyed it, it was entertainment. if it was real people did apply for it so kinda expected something to happen and if it was fake then it was just another show :001_smile:

If it was me though, being a bit of a walking dead geek I would of been looking for weapons and trying to stab/shoot the infected people through the head :eek: so could of been a bit dangerous :lol:

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
How have I spolied it??
I was watching the 1st half when I got told who he was....and I could tell anyway.
I couldn't tell, I thought it was real in that the guy that was the one being tested actually didn't have a clue what was going on. So now it's ruined the end for me with you having said the whole thing was fake, including him. So thanks a bunch for that.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I couldn't tell, I thought it was real in that the guy that was the one being tested actually didn't have a clue what was going on. So now it's ruined the end for me with you having said the whole thing was fake, including him. So thanks a bunch for that.
My OH said that the guy had had a small acting role in something but had applied for the show like eveyone else. (If you were an actor it would be good exposure) This didn't make it fake. I could be wrong but I would have thought DB has more talent and credibility than to just put an actor in rather than hypnotise someone.

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
My OH said that the guy had had a small acting role in something but had applied for the show like eveyone else. (If you were an actor it would be good exposure) This didn't make it fake. I could be wrong but I would have thought DB has more talent and credibility than to just put an actor in rather than hypnotise someone.
I'm confused now then, was the main guy that was being tested an actor while the show was going on or was he an actor who had no clue what was happening? :blink:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Derren Brown has put out a video of an interview with the guy who appears in Apocalypse and the actor people are accusing him of being. It appears they are different people.

The guy featured in Apocalpse says he did try to set up a profile as an actor because he thought it would be something he could do but says he is not actually an actor and never had any acting jobs.

I find most of the stuff Derren Brown does fascinating but i found Apocalypse quite distressing to watch. I just had to watch little snippets of it!

I hope it wasn't fake and i wouldn't have though Derren woud risk his reputation.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Of course people are going to say its fake, Derren Brown works on mindf*****g people, I don't think he would fake it because he likes to be in control and I think he has a certain integrity and it wouldn't satisfy him to fake the show

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.