UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked this on here before, but now we have a grooming section thought I would just see if anyone else has used the shampoos and could tell me their experience with them?

Maggie has allergies and we are not 100% sure of all the causes, so I try and use stuff for sensitive skin where possible.

I have heard good things about the above two brands, but wanted to see if anyone used them and had any opinions?

Dermacton "Fast Acting natural soothing anti-itch products for all skin irritations on dogs": Amazing Natural Cream for itchy skin on dogs (I think this link goes to cream but they have a soap bar shampoo which is what I am thinking of)

or

DermaPet: DermaPet: Innovative Products, Developed by a Veterinarian, for Veterinarians
I want to find something that helps her skin, but also is good for her coat and makes it nice and smooth and shiny :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have used the spray and the bar shampoo from dermacton and let me say it works great !!! i use the shampoo once a week i will always have the shampoo on my shelf, it made there hair shine, i even used the spray for my males ears and he stoped scratching his ears.... my dogs no longer stand and scratch they are very happy now and so am i .... google dermacton click on dogs and see reviews...

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
I have used the spray and the bar shampoo from dermacton and let me say it works great !!! i use the shampoo once a week i will always have the shampoo on my shelf, it made there hair shine, i even used the spray for my males ears and he stoped scratching his ears.... my dogs no longer stand and scratch they are very happy now and so am i .... google dermacton click on dogs and see reviews...
Someone here uses Dermacton on their westie and says it works where all else failed. Ive forgotten who it is for sure but I think it may be SixStar.

I also mentioned Dermacton to Dr Doolittle, theres a thread somewhere and after a few days week at most, there is an improvement in the dryness and flakyness and general coat condition, although too early for the fur to grow back yet. The thread is going to be updated though with any progress reports.

PaddyJulie I think used it too, and at first said there was progress, but I havent heard anything since, so dont know if it continued to help and completely solved the problem.

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
Someone here uses Dermacton on their westie and says it works where all else failed. Ive forgotten who it is for sure but I think it may be SixStar.
Yes, it was me :)

Katiefranke, I can't recommend the Dermacton products highly enough. Alfie, our Westie, was an itchy but manageable pup but by the time he was 2 years old he was just unreal - itching and scratching 24/7, the skin on his belly, paws and groin was red, weepy and sore and he was just so miserable.

We spent two years having all the usual allergy tests, food trials, steroids, antihistamines, various shampoos, lotions and potions but nothing worked and we considered having him PTS because he had no quality of life whatsoever – he couldn’t sleep because he was itching all the time, he didn’t enjoy walks because he was itching all the time and he couldn’t even eat his dinner without stopping to itch.

Saw the Dermacton products in Dogs Today magazine, ordered a bottle of the spray and a tub of the cream to give a whirl and we've never looked back. Within a couple of days the itching had stopped, within a week or two his hair on the sore patches had regrown and the skin looked healthier and within a few weeks there was as if he never had a problem.

And that was that. He is 8 years old now, and touch wood, he's never had a problem since - apart from slight itchy paws in summer, but we can deal with those.

We never actually used the Dermacton shampoo but if its as good as the cream and spray then it'll be fab I'm sure. The stuff stinks to high heaven but it's all natural and it bleedin' well works!

Nothing to loose in giving it a try, it saved our boys life.

I should be on commission :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our Cockapoo, Calleigh, is having terrible problems with skin allgergies! We have taken her to the vet and being on prednisone helped, but only temporarily. We cannot afford to continue taking her in for more testing & etc. I have been searching the internet for help and found this forum.

SixStar would you explain the way you treated your dog with Dermacton? We feel we are at our wits end. Our poor girl needs help! :confused:

Thank you.

Yes, it was me :)

Katiefranke, I can't recommend the Dermacton products highly enough. Alfie, our Westie, was an itchy but manageable pup but by the time he was 2 years old he was just unreal - itching and scratching 24/7, the skin on his belly, paws and groin was red, weepy and sore and he was just so miserable.

We spent two years having all the usual allergy tests, food trials, steroids, antihistamines, various shampoos, lotions and potions but nothing worked and we considered having him PTS because he had no quality of life whatsoever – he couldn’t sleep because he was itching all the time, he didn’t enjoy walks because he was itching all the time and he couldn’t even eat his dinner without stopping to itch.

Saw the Dermacton products in Dogs Today magazine, ordered a bottle of the spray and a tub of the cream to give a whirl and we've never looked back. Within a couple of days the itching had stopped, within a week or two his hair on the sore patches had regrown and the skin looked healthier and within a few weeks there was as if he never had a problem.

And that was that. He is 8 years old now, and touch wood, he's never had a problem since - apart from slight itchy paws in summer, but we can deal with those.

We never actually used the Dermacton shampoo but if its as good as the cream and spray then it'll be fab I'm sure. The stuff stinks to high heaven but it's all natural and it bleedin' well works!

Nothing to loose in giving it a try, it saved our boys life.

I should be on commission :eek:

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
Our Cockapoo, Calleigh, is having terrible problems with skin allgergies! We have taken her to the vet and being on prednisone helped, but only temporarily. We cannot afford to continue taking her in for more testing & etc. I have been searching the internet for help and found this forum.

SixStar would you explain the way you treated your dog with Dermacton? We feel we are at our wits end. Our poor girl needs help! :confused:

Thank you.
I used the spray on the sore bits that were still partially covered by fur, and on his completely bald scabby/bloodied bits I used the cream - just applied twice a day, simple as that. I LOVE Dermacton :thumbup: - I have no doubt in my mind Alfie wouldn't be hear today without it.

What are you feeding your girl out of interest? What tests/treatments have you done/tried?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
We had this problem with Bailey, thankfully he wasn't as bad as someother dogs on her but he managed to make his ear bleed really badly and my vets wasted no time getting him allergy tests. Turns out he's allergic to 2 types of tress (which is a nightmare here as there are trees everywhere =[) storage mites, beef and oats. He's now on a veterinary diet, nearly at the end of his trial and the improvement has been amazing. The only thing is I've just noticed we have major flaky skin behind one of his ears so we're off back to the vets but I'm going to mention this product to them as I'm having to wash Bailey daily after walks just to rid him of any pollen from the trees. Maybe this product could get rid of his itchiness completely. Will let you know :thumbup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hope there is still some interestin this post.

I have a Westie with itchy paws - she's only 9 months. I have been advised to try Dermacton on forums.

The Vet wants me to get allergy tests done. I'm currently going to try Arden Grange sensitive formula food for a couple of months

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just received the Dermacton spray for my 1yr old lab mix. I sprayed a little on an area where she itches and licks constantly and the scent of the spray was really strong for her. She started breathing heavy and rubbing her face in the blanket. I know it is all natural with no toxins or chemicals, I am just a little paranoid :confused:. Has anyone's dog had the same reaction to this product? Please let me know. I would love to have my dog stop itching but not if its going to harm her.

Thank you,

·
Registered
1 Posts
My German Shepherd has summer allergies and is scratching terrible. She has bald spots on her sides and feet. Some of them have turned black. We have tried most things Piriton, DermOpt Shampoo, Yumega Plus, Coconut Oil. We are at a loss now what to do for her. We don't want to take her back to the vets as they will put her back on steriods. Does Dermacton products actually work. I don't want to pay out for more products that don't seem to work. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Colemann66,

Dermacton does work. I have a lab mix who is 2 yrs old and she itches non stop. She lost fur on all four of her legs and her skin was turning black. I used Dermacton for a month and my dog stopped itching and her fur grew back. But I stopped using Dermacton only because I really don't know what the ingredients are and it made me a little worried not know exactly what Im using on my dog. I know tea tree oil can be toxic to dogs over time. Tea tree oil soakes into the skin and if it is used every day for a period of time it can be toxic for dogs and cats. I will start using Dermacton again once I have find out the ingredients and whether they are toxic or not.

·
Registered
503 Posts
My German Shepherd has summer allergies and is scratching terrible. She has bald spots on her sides and feet. Some of them have turned black. We have tried most things Piriton, DermOpt Shampoo, Yumega Plus, Coconut Oil. We are at a loss now what to do for her. We don't want to take her back to the vets as they will put her back on steriods. Does Dermacton products actually work. I don't want to pay out for more products that don't seem to work. Thanks
What is she fed? Often poor brands of kibble, like Bakers, can cause things like itchiness. Some dogs struggle with all kibble too and fair better on a raw diet.

Also, mites can cause these symptoms, have you tried Thornit? In the ears and on the feet.

Whatever you try, make sure you change one thing at a time so you can rule it out. It takes around 6 weeks to see results from changing diet too, to bear in mind. I hope you manage to sort it soon :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.