Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Derby/Derbyshire dog groups

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by The.pawed.piper, Aug 21, 2018.

1. The.pawed.piper

The.pawed.piper PetForums Newbie

Hello! Since getting our dog Piper in March this year I have been looking for a Derby dog group where I can walk Piper with other dogs and owners, she loves other dogs and she gets on great with them so I would love for her to be able to meet with them. I have looked on the usual social media's and even googled it but nothing's come up.

So any Derby/Derbyshire dog owners out there that can help?

2. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

You don't say what if any breed Piper is? If she is a particular breed or even something like a lurcher, look for a FB site dedicated to such. They usually have meet up's in National Trust places or large parks. Hope you find something, nothing better than a nice group walk, especially in Derbyshire. Oh check out dog training groups too even join a training class as you will meet a lot of like minded people at those.

3. The.pawed.piper

Hi, thank you for your advice! Piper is a Saluki x Greyhound so I've searched for greyhound and lurcher groups on FB and even googled them, I've even looked at the RGT website. I'm at a loss! I have friends in other cities (too far to take piper) that are part of groups for sighthounds so I thought there would surely be something for derby or Derbyshire.

4. DaisyBluebell

DaisyBluebell Earth, the insane asylum of the Universe

I just checked out the Lurcher Link Rescue Facebook site for you & there were a couple of threads on there talking about people's saluki greyhound crosses with photo's. Its not just a rescue Facebook site. Check it out, read a few things, join if its a closed site if it sounds interesting, and ask on there about possible walking groups on there.

5. The.pawed.piper

Thank you so much for your help! I will check that page out, I never thought of looking at rescue pages. I could probably search for some Derbyshire lurcher/greyhound rescue pages as well.

DaisyBluebell likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice