Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Deposit receipt - Idea's

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by tillywink, Mar 30, 2011.

1. tillywink

tillywink Banned

I'm looking for a template or ideas for a non-refundable deposit receipt

Does anyone have one I can 'borrow' the wording of please?

2. rocco33

rocco33 PetForums VIP

Why would you want a non-refundable deposit?

A deposit enters you into a transaction which secures a puppy for the buyer. What if something came to light before they took their puppy that caused you to think they may not be suitable (it does happen)? You would still be obliged to sell them a puppy. :(

A deposit works both ways - so beware.

3. candysmum

candysmum PetForums VIP

I said a deposit was non refundable if they backed out etc etc.

I did return the deposit of the person who had picked my deaf puppy when they decided they didn't want another deaf puppy. becasue that was out of everyone ones control you have to word it carefully that not only protects you but the buyer as well. because by Law all deposits have to be refundable.

4. Sparkle

Sparkle PetForums Senior

Not necessarily which is why wording is key!! You can stipulate that if the buyer pulls out for any reason then the deposit is non refundable however if the breeder decides to keep the puppy themselves or the puppy passes then they will be offered a full refund of their deposit or an alternative puppy should the breeder feel this is appropriate. You could also stipulate that the breeder doesn't need to give an explanation for refunding a deposit!! Morally it's probably not right but you can do it

5. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

Exactly the reason we have never and would never take a deposit. we have the right to change our mind, if we want to run a pup on, heard something ect..ect! Once that deposit has exchanged hands, that pup is theirs when the time is right if you like it or not. To much hassle if you ask me.
    A deposit isnt needed and I do get frustrated with the non refundable bit..Dont get it. Anyone wanting a pup from us has the chance to drop out if they so wished. I would rather that then when the pup was with them - resulting in them looking for a new home, not wanting to wast their deposit so buy the pup and sell to regain costs.

6. Bijou

Bijou PetForums VIP

We take a £100 deposit once the pups are born if puppy buyers wish to book a puppy. This is non refundable if the buyer changes their mind.

Here's the wording on our receipt :

We acknowledge the receipt of the sum of............................

from................................................................................

in respect of the deposit for a Belgian Shepherd dog puppy born

on .................................................

This receipt will be non refundable should the purchaser change his/her mind after the date shown below .

signed ..............................................................Trevor/Yvonne Wheeler

Date....................................................................

#6 Bijou, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  7. Devil-Dogz

Devil-Dogz PetForums VIP

Bijou what about if you change your mind? You wouldnt be able to, and could be taken to court over it...Once that deposit is paid that pup is theirs!!

8. Bijou

Bijou PetForums VIP

Ahh but the wording covers this - if we change our minds then the £100 is refundable - to be honest we always ask puppy buyers to vist before the pups are born and 'filter' out those we think would not be right - equally when some meet my breed 'in the flesh' ( or rather in all their bouncy hairy glory ) they decide that perhaps a Belgian is not for them ! so by the time we've got to the taking deposits stage it's has'nt ever been a problem .

It just prevents the few puppy buyers who 'bulk book' in order to guarantee that they will have a pup - if I've had to turn other puppy buyers away then I want to know that the person booking my puppy is serious !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice