Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dentist

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rona, Apr 6, 2011.

1. rona

rona Guest

One of my teeth broke and I rang the dentist today, couldn't get through all morning and when I did they have offered me an appointment for 28th April :rolleyes:
    How long do you normally wait for an appointment?

2. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Think that's pretty common. One place where Mum works has a waiting list over a month right now, its a shame.

Didn't know you have to pay for NHS dental treatment when you're an adult until this week I think I might sod it and go private again.

3. rona

rona Guest

It's a hell of a lot cheaper than private though, I think the most they can charge is about £150 and that for major work

4. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

it was like that at my old dentist so ihad to change. my tooth broke on friday, ihad it taken out on monday, along with my wisdom....so pretty sore subject atm cause it still hurts like hell:(

5. GoldenShadow

True, I think I might do insurance when I get a bit older.

Hope you can get an appt sooner :)

6. rona

rona Guest

I don't think any insurance company would cover me, my teeth are so bad

7. noogsy

noogsy PetForums VIP

i made a appointment yesterday and it is the 9th of june :rolleyes:
    ive got a tooth thing going on :( i think i have cracked a tooth.
    but it hasnt fallen out yet :eek:

8. rona

rona Guest

:eek: Mine doesn't sound so bad then
    I wonder what's happened to all these extra dentists that the last government were training. On job seekers now I suppose :(

9. GoldenShadow

Nah they've all gone private, get paid a pittance on NHS.

Mum works at four practices at two she reckons you'd not get in for a month, at another she said regulars get in within a week but you'd have to go regularly sort of thing to get in that quick.

I don't really know how much insurance is teeth problems are scarey and very costly :(

10. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I'm now without a dentist thanks to the one I was with deciding to go totally private! But prior to that, my six-month check had been pushed back to 9 months due to being so busy.

If you plead to being in absolute agony on the phone to them, I think they have to give you an emergency appt. Like going to the docs, it would mean waiting until he could fit you in but I'm sure they have to do this.

Emergency Advice | Get Me A Dentist

Otherwise, keep smiling!!! If you can...... :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice