Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Dental chew bones????

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by 4karenmm, Jul 20, 2009.

1. 4karenmm

4karenmm PetForums Newbie

I have a 16 weeks old weimaraner pup, whom I have been giving chew bones for about a week. last night I was looking at her teeth and noticed that some of them were breaking and croocked. Should I stop letting her have them or is it ok> Will it mess up here teeth permanently? any advice will help.:confused:

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

She could be teething. They usually start aroung 4 months of age.

Try putting a wet teeth towel in the freezer, then giving it to her to chew on. Should help numb her mouth.

Chews shouldnt cause damage to teeth. What kind are you giving? Some arent suitable for puppy teeth.

3. 4karenmm

4karenmm PetForums Newbie

Not sure what brand but they are the little green dental chews. Where do I get a teething towel? What is it?:blushing:

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Tea towel, you use to dry your dishes :)

Doesnt have to be fancy.

Dental chews tend to be for adult teeth, although some companies do a puppy version. I doubt they would be strong enough to damage teeth, as they are designed to be fully consumed.

Sounds like she may be teething. If you are worried, pop her along to the vets.

5. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

We bought our dogs puppy kongs to teeth on,they were great ,we used to put them in the fridge to help cool their gums( thats the kongs not the dogs) :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice