Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Demanding Dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Eddie, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Eddie

Eddie PetForums Newbie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,
    I am a new member in Glasgow,
    I wonder if anyone can help me with a few problems my dog is giving. She is a cross breed collie [chocolate brown and very foxlike] We got her from the local dog rescue about 4 mths ago she is about 18-24 mths. She was very timid at first but has got better. The main problem is that she is very attention demanding, she follows me or my wife about the house constantly, if left alone for any time even 15 mins she goes mental on our/my return running and jumping somerimes whining. When told to do something she will often only do it on 3rd or 4th command and if spoken to commandingly she will sometimes yelp as though she had been hit. At night she will leave her basket in the living room and try and sleep under our bed. Often during the day she will lay under the dining room table. I have tried behaviour classes without much success.
    Thanks in anticipation,
    Eddie

2. carol

carol PetForums VIP

hi and welcome
    i put one on the other tread
    can we see some piccy's she sound really pretty
    like my tess

3. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

i would love to see a picture of her to,:):)

4. georges mummy

georges mummy PetForums Member

i would seriously consider a crate routine.
    show her whose the alpha. i know it can be hard, but it just takes time.
    start small like crate her for a few mins, leave the room, then let her out but if shes still acting up recrate her. as long as she knows your coming back she should get the picture.
    pretty much the same as when a child goes to school for the first time and cries for mum, they soon learn your coming back to get them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice