UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved into my house in May this year to find really bad damp in my lounge. It's been stripped twice since buying the house a redocrated once.
So I've had the builders in tanking the gable end of my lounge I've had it all replastered and the rest of my lounge re-skimmed for nice new smooth walls and of course damp free yeey! :D

I'm struggling with ideas of how to decorate as I want to turn it into a dinning room. I have a big chimney breast so would like it as a feature wall but not sure on colours.
Due to it being a big room I have decided not to wallpaper as its been hell stripping it twice this year id rather not have to do it again EVER! haha :laugh:

If only someone would come in a take over... (wishful thinking) :p
Does anyone work miricles??

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
For the feature wall, you could get stencils and draw a pattern across the wall, it would save on wallpaper and would look really unique. The only down side is that it would take FOREVER.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have just moved into a new house and i was stuck for ideas.. i stumbled across a wall stickers site which i got inspiration for my kids rooms for, they do some nice stuff thats easy to apply to freshly painted walls and obviously doesnt need fussy application, wallpaper and stencils.

Wall Stickers - Brighten Up Your Home with Stylish Wall Decals

Take a look, they were fantastic on delivery and fuss free instructions. Just an idea :)

·
Registered
978 Posts
For the feature wall, you could get stencils and draw a pattern across the wall, it would save on wallpaper and would look really unique. The only down side is that it would take FOREVER.
I like this idea, maybe get some of those stickers that are quotes above the fireplace like quotes | eBay

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
I also once saw a GIANT wall clock on an ad years ago and I'm determined to get that in my kitchen one day. It was literally the size of the wall, it was AWESOME!!

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
I like the animal ones... the Zebra and Elephants especially... Mind you the giraffe and the cat/dog silohette is good too...

ETA butterfly corner... another Xmas present!!

Thank you for link.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.