Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Decoding Sire and Dam

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Brittany King, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Brittany King

Brittany King PetForums Newbie

Hello, I am new to this area.
    I recently adopted a cat and within the papers that came with him is his sales contract from when he was first born.
    The info I am asking for help figuring out is this:
    Sire: Champion Jessibirs (sp?) Grande Breve
    Dam: PAVA Forever Faith of Chateau Bir
    Can anyone tell me what this means? I am aware that it is my cat's mother and father. What I am curious about is the meaning of some of the wording.
    I am sorry for the possible spelling mistake in the Sire's name, I am trying my best to read handwriting from a fax.
    I know this is an odd request, but I would like to know more about my cat.
    Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Lunarags

Lunarags Dedicated cat slave

Champion status is awarded to cats who win at 3 shows judged by 3 different judges. This shows that dad was a good example of the breed. I would assume jessibirs is dads prefix and grande breve is his registered name. PAVA looks like mums prefix, but she was sold to Chateau Bir for breeding, and mums registered name is forever faith. Sometimes this is done so that the breeder who buys a cat can still have their prefix included in the cats name.

3. Lunarags

Lunarags Dedicated cat slave

I cant find mum on the database but here is dad. This shows dads parentage
    https://www.pawpeds.com/db/?a=p&id=1127559&g=4&p=sbi&o=elastic

Dad has 2 offspring on the database, produced from a mating with another female from chateau bir, which suggests that these breeders worked closely.

http://www.chateaubir.net/About-Us.htm
    From a look on chateau bir website and facebook page it looks like the breeder shows her cats and gives them a great home. It looks like your boy was well bred. Can we see him? Xxx

#3 Lunarags, Jun 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice