Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Deceased cat

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by metaldog, Mar 31, 2011.

1. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

The side window of my shed is missing and the local cats use it as a place to sleep and get out of the elements.

I've just been in there and there was a poor dead black cat :( It looked like it had been there a few days, there was damage to the face but I don't know if it is from insects or it had been injured. It is not wearing a collar.

I don't know what to do with the poor thing. My back is so bad there's no way I can bury the poor thing but I don't want to chuck it out in the bin.

What shall I do???

2. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

poor thing, perhaps take to the vet, they can check for microchip and take the cat in

3. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

Can you get a neighbour to help you berry it and if it could be someones pet maybe put an notice up saying it died just in case someone looking for it. Poor cat so sad

4. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Awwww what a shame poor paws :( Im sure the vets will help if you can get it there x

5. Petitepuppet

Petitepuppet PetForums VIP

Sorry you found it:(, couldnt have been very nice...

I would get it to the vets and have it scanned for a microchip.

6. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Thank you :) it was a bit grim :(

I haven't got a car and the vet is about 2 miles away. My friend is coming later I'll see if she'll give me a lift down to the vet and then give them a ring.

7. Amethyst

Amethyst PetForums VIP

If you call environmental health, someone will come out and collect it. They are supposed to keep a record of cats found, so if owner is bothered and calls them, they should have details.

Not sure if they scan, I think ours do, but not sure.

8. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

Ring up the council they will log it,, inform the local vets just pop it in a bin bag and leave it for the council to pick up,, sad but not alot else you can do,, so sad:(

9. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Poor you, it's awful isn't it? We found a small dead cat in our garden over Christmas, I think it froze to death :(

We have a few ferral cats round here so it was probably of of those. We took it to the vets but there was no chip. I still felt terrible about it all

10. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Ohh :( What an awful thing to find :(

Poor you and poor puss :(

I hope his owners are reunited with him, even though it's the worst circumstances :(

Sorry Metaldog

Big hug

Em
    xx

11. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

RIP poor kitty :(
    Must have been a shock to find the poor thing, hugs for you Metaldog ((()))

12. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Oh poor thing, it could of been attacked and went into your shed to die...bless it. Can you place it into a bag and ask someone to bury it for you?

13. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

Thanks everyone for very helpful replies and the sympathy, I still feel bad about the poor kitty :(.

I've put it in a black bag in my spare bin so a fox or something can't get it and I'm going to ring environmental health in the morning.

My friend didn't want to take it to the vet in her car, she said if it was one of my dogs ill she would have taken them to the vet but she just felt weird putting a deceased cat in her boot. I understand how she feels.

14. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

youve done the best you can for the poor kitty must have been hard but dont feel bad

15. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

That's a shame. It's horrible finding a dead cat. My b/f saw a black cat whilst walking the dog, at the end of the walk coming back the cat was dead at the roadside :( We went back round in the car with a box and a bag and took him to the local vets who scanned him (he had no collar) but he unfortunately had no microchip. They cremated him 7 days later (unless the owner turned up), they were a really nice vets. Hopefully the environmental health do the same, it helps knowing they had some dignity...

Rest in peace little kitty xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice